Top Vayne matchups

#1Absol_AddictPosted 4/22/2013 12:06:47 PM
Alright, so I've been going top vayne for a couple of days now and I really love it. I rarely lose lane (doesn't necessarily mean I win). So what I'm asking is what matchups are good for vayne and which ones are qq. It would also help if some tips were given for qq matchups to survive/not feed.

So far I've faced the following:

Riven
Cho
Vi
Shen
Singed
Akali

So far, (from like ~10 games total) akali and riven seem to be hard. And I speculate jax to be excruciatingly painful.

What are other top vayne matchups?
---
Play Project M with me!
Project M Friendcode 4725-9743-5555
#2FreshSushiPosted 4/22/2013 12:08:16 PM
Voli and J4
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q
#3Absol_Addict(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:12:40 PM
FreshSushi posted...
Voli and J4

Are they good? Bad? Rage inducing?

Tips on how to lane against them?
---
Play Project M with me!
Project M Friendcode 4725-9743-5555
#4centurion911Posted 4/22/2013 12:15:56 PM(edited)
Jax, Renekton, and J4 would be quite difficult. Zed as well (if he uses his shadows right and buys a pink). If these 4 play right, I would go so far to say they counter you. Especially J4 and Zed.

Kennen could give you problems, Elise would crush you, Jayce puts on a LOT of burst that's hard for Vayne to handle.

Voli would be fine as long as you use your Condemn correctly. If he gets on you then you die immediately.

Vlad would be crushed by you.

Irelia has the ability to absolutely tear you in half if she uses her Q correctly, and Malphite can poke you down and kill you at 6

That's all I can think of.

EDIT: I forgot Rumble. I'd say it's a skill matchup there. If he lands his slow on you then you're in big trouble, and if he catches you with condemn down then you're also in trouble.
---
Resident Zac, Vlad, Malphite, Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#5Black_AssassinPosted 4/22/2013 12:13:34 PM
Absol_Addict posted...
FreshSushi posted...
Voli and J4

Insta Q away from J4's flag.
---
lowercase
#6pinkpantherfan5Posted 4/22/2013 12:15:33 PM
Fort pot J4 will take off half your hp at level 2 in 1 combo. Then does it again with ignite and kill you.
Actually it's closer to 3/4s of your hp :p
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#7centurion911Posted 4/22/2013 12:17:31 PM
Black_Assassin posted...
Absol_Addict posted...
FreshSushi posted...
Voli and J4

Insta Q away from J4's flag.

He's still right next to you, Q doesn't totally outrange the pull's pop-up range, and you would need VERY good reaction time to do it.

Also, his pull is on a lower CD than her E.
---
Resident Zac, Vlad, Malphite, Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#8TwoShensGGPosted 4/22/2013 12:23:19 PM
Gangplank will destroy you.
#9FvPPosted 4/22/2013 12:26:11 PM
I would image xin being able to all in you
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#10FreshSushiPosted 4/22/2013 12:26:47 PM
J4 destroys ranged squishes but Vayne has the kit to kite J4 forever. J4 can't really E -> Q Vayne but Q alone is a strong poke and Vayne is squishy enough that it's a significant problem (it's hard to tumble a near instant Q). You basically can't make any mistakes and have to be on your toes 24/7 for that one E -> Q -> passive -> R -> Ignite dead Vayne x 10.

Voli has no way of getting in unless he blows a summoner, and unless you get baited into trying to flash a flash -> Q from Voli you probably never have to worry.
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q