Blitz was neither picked nor banned in LCS NA.

#1Shadow EdgePosted 4/22/2013 8:27:30 PM
Blitz confirmed Warwick/Heimer/Fiora tier.
---
ns
#2centurion911Posted 4/22/2013 8:29:44 PM
Blitz is a pubstomper.

If he's on our team then we're gonna lose since he's gonna be bad.

If he's on their team then we're gonna win because our AD always gets grabbed.

That's why I ban him
---
Resident Zac, Vlad, Malphite, Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#3FlameLord23Posted 4/22/2013 8:29:53 PM
Blitz has been there at higher ELOs for a long time. Hell I've seen Wings play Fiora before. But he has no teamfight. If you want a support that has a hook, go Naut.

But really, don't. Naut's a bad support.
---
Sjokz is my waifu.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#4Dota2Posted 4/22/2013 8:32:15 PM
PICK THRESH HOW IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/ilWUweNdYcCjU.gif
#5shadyelfPosted 4/22/2013 8:46:45 PM
he's been nerfed significantly. His advantage over thresh is that he can pull people over terrain and isolate them from the rest of their team, which is amazing late game. Earlier on Thresh's hook is better since it disables people for much longer and can pull you to them so you can use Box or your E to pull them back again. THat combined with mana cost nerfs to Blitz and his passive nerfs explain why he isn't picked as much.

And lantern OP
---
?
#6infinitexxPosted 4/22/2013 8:48:23 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
If you want a support that has a hook, go Naut.

Uh...Thresh?
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#7Master_strikerPosted 4/22/2013 8:49:29 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
Blitz has been there at higher ELOs for a long time. Hell I've seen Wings play Fiora before. But he has no teamfight. If you want a support that has a hook, go Thresh

#8Ravid182Posted 4/22/2013 9:17:33 PM(edited)
Blitz is an interesting champion.

I don't ban him for his laning. Or even his team fighting. I ban him because it is certain that if they have blitz, he will invade, and my team won't understand how to prevent or counter that.

His laning is good and to say he has no team fight is absurd. He has a lot of strong CC. You are going to get many knock ups in that fight. You will likely get two or even three AoE silences in a team fight. You would be surprised how good that hook is in a team fight beyond simply catching someone away from their team [the amount of times you can get hooks that peel incredibly well is shocking!]

His laning is good.

Even against good players it IS good. The reason he isn't picked though, is against good players it is only good, while other champions are excellent at what they want to do. Think about it. It is much less likely to get a pull in a high end game cause the map is 90% warded half the time, so it is more difficult to catch people off guard like you will see again and again in so many random pub games. People are coordinated in an invade.

Blitz isn't an auto win invader like he is in a random game of uncoordinated players. People can and will know how to protect and counter invades that a blitz would offer, and hard CC is often better in an invade than simply a pull when the teams are coordinated.

And his laning is very make grabs or be useless. Too easy to just stand behind minions [which a pro player WILL get pulled here and there, they are much less likely to, as they understand blitz laning counterplay]. Leona doesn't care if you are hiding behind minions. Thresh isn't pull or be useless [he has strong harass, something blitz doesn't have at all(and something blitz is incredibly susceptible to.), and lots of other utility with lantern and such].

In lane as blitz you either land grabs, or you attempt a rush in and run up on them tactic. The run up tactic which while very strong against random players, is incredibly punishable by people who know what they are doing. A blitz that can't do either of those is good for only pressure/counterpressure at certain areas of the lane depending on where the lane is pushing.

Blitz team fight is good, but it isn't as good as others. It is VERY good. But it isn't excellent. It is unlikely that a pull will win a team fight in a high end pro game like it does all so often in random games. Outside of that his teamfight, while good, isn't as good as many other supports plain and simple.

He is a pub stomper. He is amazing against a group of uncoordinated random players, and excels at all points of the game in this situation, but he isn't as strong as other picks against a coordinated team of high end players.

Plus he has gotten a fair bit of nerfs here and there.

Blitz is incredibly strong, and very very viable in high end play. There are reasons he isn't a top pick in it though.

And naut is a very fine support who can win many many lanes. His problem is however why would you pick him over other champions for support other than cause you happen to feel like playing naut.
#9FlareZeroPosted 4/22/2013 10:13:26 PM
Thresh outshines Blitz in every aspect at the moment.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#10CheezWhizXPosted 4/22/2013 11:16:39 PM
Thresh outshines nearly every support except Lulu and Sona and even then, he has several advantages over them.

Of course he's going to outshine an outdated version of himself with less damage and control.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
League of Legends IGN: Vave