Playing with an Akali that rushed Homeguard boots

#11TheSchrefPosted 4/23/2013 2:13:18 AM
Chaptero posted...
So tell him that he should buy better items instead of tier 3 boots, so that he might become a better player in the future.

The way most of the community reacts when you try to give advice:

"Rushing homeguard boots on Akali isn't exactly the best idea. Can I give you some tips?"

"STFU! Don't tell me how to play. You're garbage at this game." or "Muted." or "Cool story, bro."
#12g-cube_mastaPosted 4/23/2013 3:30:53 AM
g-cube_masta posted...
get yourself out of bronze

trying my best. was on a 7 game win streak til this game.

7-1 in your last 8 sounds pretty good

keep up that pace and you'll be out in no time

=P
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#13natchu96Posted 4/23/2013 3:36:18 AM
I faced an Akali mid today as Kha'Zix. It appears she was rushing wards. A whole lot of them, at that. Nothing else for the whole laning phase. I died once miscalculating my damage, then after that it was endless feeding.

. . . then while I was roaming, I kept hearing her get executed to turrets, so I looked over. She was turret diving . . . a turret.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#14BhelliumPosted 4/23/2013 6:17:57 AM
natchu96 posted...

. . . then while I was roaming, I kept hearing her get executed to turrets, so I looked over. She was turret diving . . . a turret.

you don't understand the Akali mindset

it goes

1: see something
2: dive it
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#15natchu96Posted 4/23/2013 6:31:51 AM
Bhellium posted...
natchu96 posted...

you don't understand the Akali mindset

it goes

1: see something
2: dive it

I used to do that when I first played Akali, but even I won't dive a healthy turret to kill another healthy turret. With no minion wave present in lane at all.

She simply tried to rush the second turret every five minutes, ignoring the first constantly bringing her 100-50 in 2 seconds.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#16omega bahumatPosted 4/23/2013 6:44:19 AM
Not gonna lie, homeguard on assassin's is a pretty good way to lane gank at bronze/silver elo.

People don't expect that and if she took advantage of her mobility it wouldn't be so big a deal.

Either that or she was getting crushed in lane and needed to get out.
#17Rookie_JetPosted 4/23/2013 6:49:08 AM
omega bahumat posted...
Not gonna lie, homeguard on assassin's is a pretty good way to lane gank at bronze/silver elo.

People don't expect that and if she took advantage of her mobility it wouldn't be so big a deal.

Either that or she was getting crushed in lane and needed to get out.

This actually makes sense to me. I was kinda thinking this when I first saw the topic. If you take advantage of that for a kill, you pretty much just made up that money. Do it twice, and you profited while having the benefit of T3 boots.