Does this count as a kill steal?

#1NicoGrimmPosted 4/23/2013 9:28:49 AM
Here's a scenario

Vayne ADC
Nautilus support

We get a Caitlyn down to relatively low health, and she starts running. I use Naut's Q to pull her in because she's just past her turret, and Vayne is just behind me. I get a kill.

Vayne goes AFK for the rest of the game.

:|
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#2Darkyellow327Posted 4/23/2013 9:29:54 AM
GGEloHellnubteamhonorplz

Real answer is KS = Kill Secured or Heart of Gold(RIP) is expensive.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#3GreatKiraLordPosted 4/23/2013 9:36:53 AM
Not to tell but i hate kill steals.
It's not that worthless number on kills.
It's the amount of gold I can get from kills and not assists.
That extra creep can mean everything.
#4HyperShadow4321Posted 4/23/2013 9:43:25 AM
You were in the right. She was past her turret, so at that point it was either do something or let her get away. Vayne has very little range and without you grabbing her, she might've gotten away. With Vayne's ult and passive, she might've been able to chase Cait down, but I feel like if you're ever in doubt that your ADC might not be able to secure the kill, then go for it. Considering your hook was up and Caitlyn was trying to get away, it would've been irresponsible NOT to try to grab her, IMO.
#5wantfastcarsPosted 4/23/2013 9:47:01 AM
HyperShadow4321 posted...
Considering your hook was up and Caitlyn was trying to get away, it would've been irresponsible NOT to try to grab her, IMO.

This. Any time I play a support/champ with a grab that deals damage/deals damage immediately after, I will make a grab at a possibly escaping enemy even if it may take the kill from my ADC/team.

There is a certain amount of hilarity in killing someone with Blitzcrank's rocket fist, though.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#6sabeta_samaPosted 4/23/2013 9:57:40 AM
Here were your options from what you've provided us.

1) Do nothing, let Vayne go in. 1 of 2 results.
-Vayne gets the kill (+300G)
-Vayne gets the kill, then dies to Turret (+300G both sides)

In this game breaking even is unfavorable. At lead IMO. There's also a smal chance that enemy gets away and Vayne dies needlessly, so it's not even 50/50. Worst case scenario jungler jumps in, but I'm ruling that out right now.

2) Secure the Kill (+300G for you and 150G for Vayne)

This option has no real risk, and keeps you both at optimum health in case of a jungle clean up. It also keeps your HP in reasonable range to continue farming, so long story short; you were completely in the right. All other options had an associated risk that could have gone wrong for you. Plus, if Vayne D/Cd after that KS, then she obviously sucks. If she were to D/C at all, you'd have to intentionally steal about 5 kills from her. (That's only to make it even the tiniest bit justifiable.)
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#7RaymondPosted 4/23/2013 10:00:41 AM
Next time you tell them to stfu and report them after the game.

There's no such thing as kill steal, only kill secure.
---
Spoiler is plot element, not your ignorance.
#8Drippy89Posted 4/23/2013 10:47:09 AM
No such thing as a kill steal. There has been so many times where I wouldn't finish a person off so my teammate whom did the most damage would get the kill. In the end, the person would get away.
#9jepaanPosted 4/23/2013 10:53:29 AM
Drippy89 posted...
No such thing as a kill steal. There has been so many times where I wouldn't finish a person off so my teammate whom did the most damage would get the kill. In the end, the person would get away.

Not true. Kill steals are when you blatantly take the kill, without you being needed. A prime example of this, is someone flashing into a fight to get the kill. These cases are however rare, and most people are just whining KS for no good reason.
---
-
#10sabeta_samaPosted 4/23/2013 10:55:46 AM
There IS such a thing as Kill stealing, but some people can't tell the difference between securing an iffy kill and blatantly going out of their way to steal it.

Example, I was being chased through the woods by an enemy, my ally was attacking him but she fell behind, I kill the chaser, and get called on KS, but that was just a secure, especially since if I hadn't done that I might have died.

A REAL Ks though, was when I was in top lane, I get my lane partner into a position where I can duel him without fear of anything. And literally the split moment before he died (as in, I was actually performing the attack animation) ally Kass flashes in with his Q and takes it from me. It wasn't the last time he did it, and all the games kills ended up condensed on him, which nearly lost us the game once or twice, simply because our team was behind in kills.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards