Fix My Jungle

#1Sony_FanaticPosted 4/23/2013 3:32:55 PM
When I'm jungling, I do fine stealing from the other team's jungle, giving buffs to teammates and... that's about it. I don't know when to go in for ganks or when to do anything besides killing jungle creeps. I don't know how to jungle and I need to learn for ranked.
---
PSN PHOENIX_4pp | LoL Ikasnu
Platinum Trophies Modern Warfare 3 | Motorstorm: Apocalypse
#2AscoltarePosted 4/23/2013 3:33:24 PM
Gank if your lane needs it, if not, just keep jungling.
---
Shaq: "Rondo is still the best PG in the game." Barkley: "Is D-Rose dead?"
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwzhis3Scz1r3gup8o1_400.gif
#3zeppelin312Posted 4/23/2013 3:34:59 PM
It would be easier to help you if you could post a recording of a game or something
#4Fenrir the WolfPosted 4/23/2013 4:25:12 PM(edited)
The biggest challenge in ganking is finding ways to get past wards imo. Bottom lane is often the hardest to get to, while top is often the most vulnerable, especially if the enemy top didn't get any wards on their first buy.

One thing to note is that if you're on purple side, you typically have the best chance of getting into bot lane by going past the enemy's wraith camp and going down through their jungle into the bot tribrush, then into the lane from there. If the enemy is pushed up too far towards your tower, you should be able to get at them even if a ward spots you. If you're on blue side, then the same rule applies to top lane instead.

If your laners are pushed to the enemy tower, don't think "oh great, they're pushed. Now I can't gank!" If anything, the opposite is true since you now can do the best kind of gank. What you do is come into the lane through your friendly tower and sneak into the side brush when there aren't any champions or minions that will see you go in. If your allies are pushed really far, you can then sneak all the way into the second brush unseen. Have your allies keep pushing until the lane resets. Then you'll be able to pounce on the enemy without them knowing what hit them. Of course, it's possible that the lane brushes are warded too, so ask beforehand if they know there are wards in there.

Here's another thing I try to do now with most junglers. First, I start at whichever buff is on the bottom side of the map. Ask for help on wraiths/wolves and get a smiteless leash on the buff camp. Once that's cleared out, go directly to whichever buff you didn't get and kill it to hit lv3. From there you can swing right into top lane and hopefully secure first blood.

Sometimes you won't be able to do that route depending on your champion. Or if you're on purple side, you'll be starting on blue for this route and the enemy jungler might try to counter you at your red. If you suspect that's the case, maybe you could try going for their red instead of yours and swinging into bot lane before too many wards go up.

tl;dr Jungling has a lot of different options and possibilities, but as you keep playing you'll find out which techniques or paths to use depending on the situation.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#5funkys-flightsPosted 4/23/2013 4:25:12 PM
Sometimes the best time to gank is right after you ganked. Most laners without vision will assume the jungler went about on their way after an unsuccessful gank
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#6Fenrir the WolfPosted 4/23/2013 4:26:57 PM
Oh yeah, that's a good one too. If your first gank results in the enemy blowing their flash, don't fret. Stick around (or maybe grab a nearby camp then head right back) and just gank them again once they think they're safe.
---
And then John was a zombie.