Silver League Bans: The Big 4

#1F0reverZeroPosted 4/23/2013 6:29:51 PM
Amumu, Shen, Blitzcrank and Malphite.

Are these generally considered to be the harshest pubstompers in silver? They are always banned, but I feel there are champions that are much more powerful. Thresh and Elise come to mind.

I sometimes see them banned, but 95% of the time its these 4. What gives? I've been in games where the Malphite and Shen have fed uncontrollably, and I am only Silver 3 so it's not like it's hard to do... Same with Blitz, stand behind minions and it's GG.

What do you guys feel should be the bans for solo/duo queue?
---
i7 2600K @ 4.6 Ghz | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 | MSi Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 @ 975 Mhz | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Corsair 850TX V2 | HAF-X Gaming Case
#2zhe_king_of_apePosted 4/23/2013 6:30:18 PM
no one wants them in their team
---
LoL IGN: TheMinecrafter12
Best ADC Main GFAQ
#3MwarriorHieiPosted 4/23/2013 6:30:48 PM
i ask and ban whoever people suggest.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#4CovenantPosted 4/23/2013 6:37:12 PM
Blitz will grab someone on your team (because your team has at least one person with poor positioning) and make the game a 4v5.

Malphite has an AE ult that makes everyone on his team run up and hit their buttons at the same time. Getting your team to run up at the same time and hit their buttons is pretty much all you need to do to win in low Elo solo queue.

Amumu does the same thing as Malphite, only better.

Shen makes people lose fights with his ult because they aren't good enough to remember what Shen's ultimate does. Then they go on tilt, resulting in uncontrollable feeding.

I think bans serve absolutely no purpose in solo queue. The communication required to get anything of significance out of them simply isn't there. The only way they're actually used is as a crutch for bad players not to have to learn how to play against champions that require a change in strategy.

Bans keep bad players bad.
#5Lord SojiroPosted 4/23/2013 6:40:39 PM(edited)
In Silver, there is no one good enough to use Shen. It's a wasted ban, it really is, don't know why they keep banning him. Silver lack map awareness and even if they pull off a decent ult given many opportunities, they stop knowing what to do past laning phase.

Ban wise, I always make sure that Amumu, Malphite, and Hecarim are banned, no exceptions. The enemy team will usually ban out one or two of them though, so I can still safely ban others. Blitz is a good ban, but enemy team usually bans that out too.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#6BhelliumPosted 4/23/2013 6:46:34 PM
Covenant posted...

Shen makes people lose fights with his ult because they aren't good enough to remember what Shen's ultimate does. Then they go on tilt, resulting in uncontrollable feeding.

what's worse than people not realizing Shen is incoming
is people realizing it
then running away even though they could easily chunk that shield and champ down before he actually teles
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#7Fenrir the WolfPosted 4/23/2013 7:01:53 PM
Yeah I don't ban Shen anymore unless people are like raging for me to do it.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#8DustStarPosted 4/23/2013 7:22:47 PM
I think Blitz Amumu and Malphite are noob stompers. I mean, they are very good in higher level play, but even better in lower levels.

Players in the lower leagues get owned by these champs a lot so they ban them.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img692/9334/e7fsu.gif
#9Colegreen_c12Posted 4/23/2013 7:26:50 PM
Blitz is a top ban in a lot of leagues. I even hear a decent amount of pros say that they always ban him because solo queue does not have the coordination to deal with him.
---
rawr
#10Alpha218Posted 4/23/2013 7:32:42 PM
Well here's my understanding of bans:
Blitzcrank - Basically means the enemy team is invading you and soloqueue teams especially at lower levels don't know how to fend off an invade especially one backed by a blitz grab. Blitz is also useful at all stages at the game because of his grab. While he is useless in laning if he can't grab someone that barely happens at lower level play because players don't know how to deal with the pressure blitz creates. I would call Tresh a better Blitz however if it weren't for the fact that Blitz can pull through walls.

Amumu - Soloqueuers don't have the coordination to shut down his route in a coordinated manner. His ult screams "I stunned them all so go in!".

Malphite - His ult serves the same purpose as Amumu's and he is annoying to lane against if you're stuck in the mindset of "I have to take an AD top".

Shen - Split-pushing terror who can create some scary engages in laning; I'll ult people not to save them usually, but instead to set up kill opportunities. You have a global presence that's unrivaled.
---
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae81/Alpha218/alphaqx.png
http://www.gamefaqs.com/564484/b (my secret board) ||| www.lostfacts.net (cool spinoff site)