I made it to a promotion series!

#1Brutal_FelixPosted 4/23/2013 10:41:06 PM
Then dropped my next two. I got trolled in my first game. I chose nunu support then last pick also went support -_- I was forced to top against vlad. Fml. The second loss I just couldn't carry hard enough I guess. Back down the slippery slope I slide
---
Steam ID: Brutal_Felix
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
#2Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:18:27 AM
Bump for sadness
---
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
#3Supat0nyPosted 4/24/2013 10:27:29 AM
I've been in Bronze -> Silver promotion series about 4 times now...

Right now I'm 1-0... I'm scared to continue :[
---
Former GameFAQs name - Squa11y
Former GameSpot name - Kamio
#4sabeta_samaPosted 4/24/2013 10:38:50 AM
My best advice is to take your promotions with a win streak. If you've been off and on and you just barely got it, chances are your promotions will be pretty stressful too. The best advice for ranked overall is that if you ever lose a ranked game, stop playing ranked immediately. To play some normals, get going on a couple of wins, and try again. If you lose again stop for the day.

This is mostly to shut down loss streaks. The more you lose in ranked, the more pressured you become to get your win, the more you want it, the more tunnel-vision you get, and you end up losing more and more. I've only recently adopted this practice, and I'm currently negative in w/l ratio, but I've narrowed the gap drastically. I've gotten most of my champs to 50% win rate (previously 30% average).
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#5kourkourPosted 4/24/2013 10:39:52 AM
My best advice is to take your promotions with a win streak. If you've been off and on and you just barely got it, chances are your promotions will be pretty stressful too. The best advice for ranked overall is that if you ever lose a ranked game, stop playing ranked immediately. To play some normals, get going on a couple of wins, and try again. If you lose again stop for the day.

This is mostly to shut down loss streaks. The more you lose in ranked, the more pressured you become to get your win, the more you want it, the more tunnel-vision you get, and you end up losing more and more. I've only recently adopted this practice, and I'm currently negative in w/l ratio, but I've narrowed the gap drastically. I've gotten most of my champs to 50% win rate (previously 30% average).

How many games do you think most of us can play a day? We have work, university studies etc.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#6WFG_ElitestPosted 4/24/2013 11:03:09 AM
wait you lost against vlad top as nunu? how
---
twitch.tv/elitest
#7Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:11:26 AM
Whenever I would try to ult him he would just sink into the ground :( so I pretty much had only my ice ball as an attack to use on him. And with his sustain I couldn't get him down
---
#8WFG_ElitestPosted 4/24/2013 11:15:22 AM
you just need to crush him early, vlad is so bad till like level 7
---
twitch.tv/elitest