How to be a better lulu?

#1ChapteroPosted 4/24/2013 2:26:13 AM
Hi there,

Ive been playing with lulu for a couple of games but I cant seem to do well with her. I will be honest, im not that good with this game but want to improve a bit.

In laning phase I either play too aggressive and end up losing the trade or resulting in a death. On the other hand sometimes the enemy will zone me and my adc and we will be outfarmed in a matter of minutes.

In teamfight I dont i have that much of an impact, i usually use my ult on bruisers who jump in or on people who need that extra hp to survive. But I dont know what to do next.

My question, how do you play as lulu and can i have some tips on how to improve with her.
---
Zhehehe, A man's dream will never die !
#2omegaraijinPosted 4/24/2013 2:33:17 AM
In lane you have to poke them with your abilities to get their hp down low. During team fights you have a shield and your w I think
#3XcaIIionPosted 4/24/2013 2:35:56 AM
lulu is my most played ranked champion atm.
skill order is r>q>e>w

in lane your job is just to spam glitterlance on the enemy carry and make their life annoying. using e to get pix into position for a better glitterlance is quite helpful and makes glitterlance very easy to land. while you're poking and harassing make sure to keep enough mana for whimsy. whimsy is great at denying agression when used on the enemy carry as they try to all in. your job in lane is pretty much just that. poke, ward and deny the enemy's attempts at all ins/allowing your carry to all in more easily.

in the later stages of the game i find that using my skills to help my frontline bruiser is more effective than on my carry. lulu's skills are great for keeping your bruiser alive and kicking, while also helping them catch up to the enemy carry more easily.

also, while using wild growth to keep someone alive is great, using it early is also good because the knockup and slow aura are wasted if the person that you use it on is just running away with barely any hit points.
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#4xSighxPosted 4/24/2013 2:39:53 AM
You have to have excellent timing, reflexes, and snap second decision making. She's a VERY mechanically intensive champion.

Practice her a lot. Look up videos like "Pro lulu plays" "best lulu player NA" and other such tags, which will hopefully let you visually see the kinds of things lulu can pull off (i learned a lot about lee sin by doing this.)

in lane you basically want to poke (her Q hits quite hard and the slow can giveyour carry a free auto while they disengage) and you want to force trades (your W completely shuts down their ADC's ability to counter attack)

Keep your ADC alive at all costs, your peel is fantastic, you have multiple forms of CC, and you essentially have a massive massive heal, that knocksup enemies, while slowing them...and the health 'gained' is actually a heal, it wont go away once it ends.

i think the two hardest things about lulu are being able to decide which spell to use on whom in each situation, and being able to E a target to change where Pix's Q fires from. I haven't mastered either of these, but i have to in order to be a good Lulu.

/2cents
#5ConkeaPosted 4/24/2013 5:31:29 AM
If you want to harass, it's important that you realize your E has more range than most ADCs AA range. So just hit the ADC with a E, walk back and once you're "safe" take your time to aim your Q, rince and repeat, that's how i harass.
---
PSN: Conkea
#6ryudo500Posted 4/24/2013 5:39:44 AM
my problem with lulu is when I try to zone, I get caught and get first blooded. I think I am playing her way too aggressively
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#7shadyelfPosted 4/24/2013 7:23:06 AM
my problem with lulu is when I try to zone, I get caught and get first blooded. I think I am playing her way too aggressively

I used to have this problem too. Just sit back and realize that you aren't Blitz or Thresh. React to the enemy when they make a move. Once I started playing her like that I never had any mana problems and I'd do much better.
Basically from what I can tell Lulu is amazing at turning situations around. They come closer for harass? Shield carry, glitter lance enemy. If your carry is smart they'll take advantage of enemy being slowed get off several attacks as they run (if they don't, use morph) and win the trade.

That isn't to say I don't harass at all, I use E on enemy support or carry then glitterlance, but I'm just smarter about when I do it.
---
?
#8MizunoRyuuPosted 4/24/2013 7:46:17 AM
She's all about dat clutch AoE slow.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#9BurnumMasterPosted 4/24/2013 8:03:54 AM
I know this is up for debate between people, but for me I skill as R>E>W=Q with a first point in W if the situation calls for it.

The E is longer range than a lot of ADCs auto range, and it is good to be aggressive, but not too aggressive. You can zone by waiting for the right opportunities to be aggressive. Wait for them to go in for a last hit and you can get your E off for free.

The reason I max E is to have the strong target damage for harass, and the shield value. You can conserve your mana with the targeted harass rather than trying to land Q.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurnumMaster-1464/hero/2935592
#10ryudo500Posted 4/24/2013 8:06:07 AM
shadyelf posted...

I used to have this problem too. Just sit back and realize that you aren't Blitz or Thresh. React to the enemy when they make a move. Once I started playing her like that I never had any mana problems and I'd do much better.
Basically from what I can tell Lulu is amazing at turning situations around. They come closer for harass? Shield carry, glitter lance enemy. If your carry is smart they'll take advantage of enemy being slowed get off several attacks as they run (if they don't, use morph) and win the trade.

That isn't to say I don't harass at all, I use E on enemy support or carry then glitterlance, but I'm just smarter about when I do it.

thanks. def something I should do
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS