Nidalee/Riven Questions

#1wrobe67132Posted 4/24/2013 6:45:22 PM
I wanna use Riven but for my ranked team I already decided on being a jungle main. How good is she in Jungle? I'm sure she's viable, but I don't want to play her jungle if she's just a viable jungler, not a great one.

As for Nidalee is there any way to viably use AD Nid? All I hear is anything but Midalee is not viable anymore and I really liked her in top lane as AD. Is she at least viable AP Nid top lane?
---
League of Legends IGN: DeathToTheOrcs
It's dangerous to take this. Go alone.
#2CarbonightsPosted 4/24/2013 7:02:29 PM(edited)
Riven's a great jungler if you know what you're doing. She has both a knockback and a stun so she's not missing CC. Her clears get exceptional eventually and her ult allows her to assassinate people from a range if the situation comes up (I.E. bot lane or mid lane gets someone really low and they start backing behind the turret, you can get them from the Jungle with Wind Slash).

She's very good but requires a lot of skill to do well in the jungle.
#3wrobe67132(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:01:09 PM(edited)
Alright yeah I used her jungle way back then, wasn't sure if anything happened to her in the time I haven't played her
---
#4Jitunu321Posted 4/24/2013 7:01:33 PM
Riven's amazing, Nidalee probably too high a skillcap for you
#5wrobe67132(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:07:12 PM
Jitunu321 posted...
Riven's amazing, Nidalee probably too high a skillcap for you

I should take offense to that but it's probably true I play too casually to actually get better. I have gotten pretty good with champs that are hard though, what I wanna know is if she's viable AD Nid or if AP Top is actually good. I see people in Normals do it but I usually just watch my friend play in normals and he's in Bronze and you can use anything and be good in Bronze.
---
#6AriavoltagePosted 4/24/2013 7:21:56 PM(edited)
AD Nid got nerfed after removing the bonus armor and MR from cougar form. Other than that she is mostly the same, only 1 skill scaling off AD, focused in team fights, if built too tanky she doesn't have enough damage while still managing to die super fast when focused (like ryze), and if built with a lot of damage you get instagibbed because how short range her attacks are. That being said, she is a good laner as usual, but will have a rough time against people with gap closers ( lee, darius, jax, etc.). She shines mid game though. But, tbh....feels like a worse jayce to me.
#7EDumeyPosted 4/24/2013 7:23:23 PM
Riven is good in jungle but you HAVE to be aggressive. Not the best jungler to be playing if you fall behind early on.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#8BhelliumPosted 4/24/2013 7:44:58 PM
And by not the best he means one of the worst.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#9TheSchrefPosted 4/24/2013 8:02:06 PM
Nidalee requires skill? I play her once a month. I don't even aim my spear. I just throw every time it's up. Don't think I've lost a game with her yet.