How to play/build Galio?

#1KrKABUT0Posted 4/24/2013 10:06:04 PM
I plan on getting him soon because I love playing as obscure characters in games. He looks extremely potent and I'd like to pick him up.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#2fattonygambinoPosted 4/24/2013 10:09:43 PM
Take him mid, build him tanky/ap with loads of magic resist. Farm like mad and poke the hell out of the enemy mid...since you're building mresist, you're a natural counter to most all AP classes assuming you have enough. I've gone against ad assassins too and punished them heavily by building tanky/ap...they cant keep up with his damage.
---
You shall henceforth be known as, The Mover of the Wind, Breath of Air, The Lightning Zephyr.
As dubbed by the Evil Dwarf atop the Wall
#3Nazgl5LordofNazPosted 4/24/2013 10:12:50 PM
inb4 "by picking someone else"

He's very fun, and strong against a lot of AP mids. Max Q first, then decide between W and E situationally. Pick up a chalice as soon as possible - literally the most important item on him, bar none. You can even consider going Athene's first, but I usually delay it a bit. His ult's a game-changer, but remember to put your Bulwark on yourself (unless someone else needs it more) before turning it on, to minimize the damage you take.

Good items to consider include Merc Treads, Athene's, Abyssal, Banshee's (very situational nowadays), Zhonya's, and if you're really far ahead a Deathcap will work wonders. You want to balance tanky with damage, and with your passive building MR gives you quite a significant chunk of damage anyways.

Best starting items would be either one Faerie Charm, a ward and a pile of pots or two Faerie Charms and three health pots. The second isn't always the best idea, but if you think you'll be able to either avoid most harassment or quickly farm up the small amount of gold needed for a fast-as-hell Chalice, it's not awful. With Chalice you've got pretty strong lane power, and your Q is very, very strong. A couple Q's on the creep wave will clear it, and a Q at the enemy champ will chunk them.

Remember to use Q to slow targets and E to speed up your team whenever possible, and that your W will heal you quite a bit when you level it up.
---
*waits until someone says something funny to quote*
#4fattonygambinoPosted 4/24/2013 10:22:15 PM
I typically max E 2nd after Q and W last unless I'm getting bullied. His poke is absurd. Pro tip: remember to W yourself before you ult. As for "must haves" I always build a chalace first then Athenes later on, Rod of Ages, and a Rabadon's on top of merc's treads. For my 5th and 6th, I build a bulwark if nobody else is because it is so strong on Galio, Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter depending on the game, sometimes a Liandry's, or any other defensive item like a warmogs or a GA.
---
You shall henceforth be known as, The Mover of the Wind, Breath of Air, The Lightning Zephyr.
As dubbed by the Evil Dwarf atop the Wall
#5KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 1:40:49 AM
bump
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#6zeppelin312Posted 4/25/2013 1:43:00 AM
freely push mid, because your wave clear is lol

then dirty farm or roam

gratz, you played galio