how to play support

#11BabyrichyPosted 4/25/2013 1:07:12 AM
Movolo posted...
viajarv posted...
2 pinks and 3 greens every time you recall?

yes, unless your adc/jungler is helping you ward

So basically never buy gear until mid game?

Yeah, that sounds a bit ridiculous. It isn't very fair that just because other roles won't do their part in the warding process that the support is always forced to pick up the slack.
#12KlobziPosted 4/25/2013 1:12:46 AM
niio posted...
Buy wards
Make plays
Feed ADC
Watch your team throw hard.
Cry as all your effort was in vain.

I hate that **** so much. You're thinking to yourself; Alright, my ADC is now 5/0. Nothing can go wrong. Little did I know that mid and top were just feeding away.
#13SergeantGanderPosted 4/25/2013 7:22:40 AM
Klobzi posted...
niio posted...
Buy wards
Make plays
Feed ADC

I hate that **** so much. You're thinking to yourself; Alright, my ADC is now 5/0. Nothing can go wrong. Little did I know that mid and top were just feeding away.

This happened to a friend and I while we were duoing. He was like 10/0 as Draven and I was playing Thresh. Our team was feeding but not losing objectives so I just warded up and we just told our team to hard push top then pushed an inhib. I was very worried it wouldn't turn out well but it actually did
---
Back in 'Nam I fought off a gang of lesbian hippie child-slaving jewel thieves with nothing but a magic lasso.
#14HyperShadow4321Posted 4/25/2013 9:44:22 AM
Klobzi posted...
niio posted...
Buy wards
Make plays
Feed ADC

Oh my god, this so much. I had a game with my buddy last night. I went Ashe and he went Soraka. He warded well, gave me mana/health heals to keep me in lane so long that I think I had 2600+ gold on my first B, at one point I was 15/0/4 - but then our mid was playing Veigar for the first time and top was feeding.

Once we got into more teamfights, it just seemed like somebody would stray away from the group, forget that the enemy team had a Blitzcrank, get killed by the enemy team by getting pulled through a wall, and then before I know it we're going 4v5 because people thought it would be a good idea to stick around instead of backing off and regrouping. Ended up losing the game even though I was 17/4/6 by the end of the game and was the most fed champ easily.

Not trying to stroke my e-peen or anything of course - I couldn't have done that well without my support (support your supports), but it's such a kick in the balls when you absolutely murder a lane (especially bottom lane), but still lose because your other teammates are incompetant.
#15lightdragoon88Posted 4/25/2013 9:49:26 AM
Babyrichy posted...
Movolo posted...
viajarv posted...

Yeah, that sounds a bit ridiculous. It isn't very fair that just because other roles won't do their part in the warding process that the support is always forced to pick up the slack.

That why it Ruby Sightstone (or health and 5 free ward eventime you recall) and 1-2 pink when you shop.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#16Rookie_JetPosted 4/25/2013 11:00:57 AM
Movolo posted...
viajarv posted...

You only have 475 gold each time you b? Start getting some assits and g/10 runes and masteries. This helps you get g/10 items for a pretty nice cash flow.
#17NicoGrimmPosted 4/25/2013 11:03:13 AM
How important are GP/10 runes on support?
Like 'Need them now, can't live without them, why are you even supporting?!" Or "Pretty good"?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#18FlareZeroPosted 4/25/2013 11:10:11 AM
It's easy cause most people who play supports are passive. They think they can ward and sit back, but that's not the case. The supports need to make plays and apply pressure. For example, harassing the enemy without overextending yourself and taking brush control is important and can make the enemy ADC lose a few CS. If you don't do that and let the enemy take control, you'll lose the longer the laning phase goes on.

NicoGrimm posted...
Like 'Need them now, can't live without them, why are you even supporting?!" Or "Pretty good"?

I need them. GP10 quints are pretty much all you need plus your masteries. If you have it and your opponent doesn't, you're going to be at a gold advantage without doing anything.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#19Rookie_JetPosted 4/25/2013 11:25:07 AM(edited)
NicoGrimm posted...

Put it this way...when I'm jungle Nunu, I usually get a philo and kage's. I also have 2 g/10 quints and 8 g/10 seals for a total of 4g/10. With the assists I get, small amounts of jungle farm and all my g/10, I end most games with about 90% as much gold as my ADC. When I support with similar items just minus the jungle farm (still get quite a few assists), I end most of those games with about 80-85% of my ADCs gold. I ALWAYS have money for wards past 10 min. In fact, I stop buying greens. I have enough gold and items that I just buy all pinks to save the item slot.

That 4g/10 alone isn't necessarily what's making the difference, but it helps me get other items faster of course so I grow exponentially.

EDIT: Actually 6g/10 including masteries.
#20rpgmasterXVPosted 4/25/2013 8:23:09 PM
I just played as twitch bot against a lux/amumu. Killed the amumu for first blood, double killed them next and then amumu again for 4/0. Then my guy on bot decided to roam(garen) and got killed. fast forward 25 minutes into game. I am 10/7/6 and everyone else is single digit kills and double digit deaths.