Why do people treat this game like a job?

#11Evolution50Posted 4/25/2013 8:55:18 AM
Because for some people winning is fun. So they pick champions to win with. I absolutely love irelia she's my favorite champion in this game but I haven't played her in months because s3 has not been good for her and she's just not as good competitively as she was.
#12shrimp1992Posted 4/25/2013 8:56:01 AM
ThyCorndog posted...
peetot posted...
I feel you. I main Ziggs and when I pick him in champ select or when I talk about him on GameFAQs, everyone tells me there are plenty of better champions which "fit more" into the meta than he does.

Do I care? No, I play him because I ENJOY playing with him. And I have a 58% win rate with him, so people need to stop complaining.

There's a reason we have such a large champion pool available to us. It's so we can get a champion that fits our play style.

Exactly. I play Kat instead of Akali for my ap assassin. I don't care if Akali is better or if people think she's better.

I also like Ahri and Orianna. I don't like Lux. I don't care if Lux is great or if I'd win more games if I played Lux. I don't enjoy playing Lux, so...

Akali is better than no one. As a side note, winning is fun. Champions that win are more fun.
---
Falcons record 11-1
#13easymodexzPosted 4/25/2013 9:02:09 AM(edited)
peetot posted...
My pick to maximize my team's chance of winning is someone I have over 100 games with.

That's fine but that's in the situation where you are sitting on champ select.

Doesn't negate the fact that you should probably learn other champs in those roles that can work with your team better. Not that random yoloqueue pugs have a clue what is good or how champs work with a team, but they're not necessarily completely wrong, either.

E.g. you should stick to your guns when the champ you want to play works reasonably well for the matchup. You should man up and play a different champ if your choice doesn't make sense. True skill is learning the difference.

Edit: Note that if you're not willing to change your champ to better fit a team where that change actually makes sense, you should not be playing ranked queue. Normal exists for a reason.
#14Rookie_JetPosted 4/25/2013 9:07:03 AM
Evolution50 posted...
Because for some people winning is fun. So they pick champions to win with. I absolutely love irelia she's my favorite champion in this game but I haven't played her in months because s3 has not been good for her and she's just not as good competitively as she was.

She can still be good if you're going against the right team to go against. Bork is a good S3 item on her, so is zephyr. Just get those two and get tanky stuff.

I know you mean though. There are tons of enemy teams now with say Garen, Vi, Mundo, Singed, Leona, or some combo of them that makes Irelia less effective.
#15ThyCorndog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 9:09:15 AM
There's more than one right choice for any situation.

If we need a strong apc, I'll go Karthus. If we need an ap assassin, I'll go Katarina. If our damage is fine and we need some utility, I'll go Orianna.

There's more mids than TF, Lux, and Ryze.
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion
#16peetotPosted 4/25/2013 9:49:38 AM
easymodexz posted...
peetot posted...
My pick to maximize my team's chance of winning is someone I have over 100 games with.

That's fine but that's in the situation where you are sitting on champ select.

Doesn't negate the fact that you should probably learn other champs in those roles that can work with your team better. Not that random yoloqueue pugs have a clue what is good or how champs work with a team, but they're not necessarily completely wrong, either.

E.g. you should stick to your guns when the champ you want to play works reasonably well for the matchup. You should man up and play a different champ if your choice doesn't make sense. True skill is learning the difference.

Edit: Note that if you're not willing to change your champ to better fit a team where that change actually makes sense, you should not be playing ranked queue. Normal exists for a reason.

Of course; I mean, some people only play one champion and they obviously have no place in ranked. I can play every role well with a large pool of champions which I enjoy; it doesn't mean I should learn Diana or Lux if I'm a mid laner.

This reminds me of those situations in ranked when Shen or Amumu isn't banned. The whole team will pressure our top laner to play Shen, even though he only had a few games under his belt. I'd much rather have a pro Yorick than a mediocre Shen, but many people don't realize this. They just pick OP champs and expect to do well.
#17eco masterPosted 4/25/2013 12:42:52 PM
Evolution50 posted...
I absolutely love irelia she's my favorite champion in this game but I haven't played her in months because s3 has not been good for her and she's just not as good competitively as she was.

Really? I've been playing Irelia quite a bit this season and I feel Zephyr has only made her stronger. What changes do you think affected her in season 3 so much?
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#18TheSchrefPosted 4/25/2013 1:20:21 PM
Evolution50 posted...

Irelia is in an amazing place right now. Same with Jax. Just because nobody plays them doesn't mean they aren't awesome.
#19shadyelfPosted 4/25/2013 1:25:24 PM
in low elo counter picks and stuff don't mean a damn thing. Play what you want provided you're good at it. People place so much importance on counterpicking and trying to fit a certain team comp that they play champs they haven't touched in a year and then do horribly
---
?
#20Evolution50Posted 4/25/2013 1:28:29 PM
ArMP and health stacking hurt her a lot. Attack speed cost hurt her. Also it seems a lot of her counters became flavor of the month. Ummm I'd probably say the red elixir start top is not in her favor. I can't really pin point it but play her in gold+ and you can tell she's just not the terror she was in s2. Even the best top/irelia players aren't using her