NEED FEEDBACK on a guide.

#1TayzeeusPosted 4/25/2013 11:30:45 AM
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=52533&c=1951761365879706

This is what I have so far. The important parts are down(besides the item build section, I'll get to that soon).

What I'd like to know before I proceed:

Are there any typos/words that aren't words/etc?

What sections could be improved(the skill order section is short on purpose, but if it's really that important I'll lengthen it)

Should I just ditch the act and write it from my perspective(though if I did it that way I'd probably get bored)?

Other comments/things
---
can you guys keep it down im tryna watch netflix
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4341/13598044.png
#2peetotPosted 4/25/2013 11:36:32 AM
I really don't like the way you talk from Annie's perspective

It's an original and creative idea, but I don't like it
#3Tayzeeus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 11:37:37 AM
peetot posted...

Is it the way I speak or just the actual idea of speaking from her perspective?
---
#4peetotPosted 4/25/2013 11:40:16 AM
Tayzeeus posted...
peetot posted...

Is it the way I speak or just the actual idea of speaking from her perspective?

I think it's just the fact that it's Annie.

I mean, if it were Draven or Nasus, then it would be a completely different story because reading it would actually be entertaining. I find Annie is really annoying, so reading it from her perspective reminds me of her annoying voice and personality.

If ever you do a Draven guide, do it from his perspective.... Please, I beg you, that would be amazing
#5gvandalePosted 4/25/2013 11:55:34 AM(edited)
Ditch the act.

Edit: To expand, I think it takes away from the meat of your guide. I think people (like me) read guides to gain knowledge and insight into a champion, not get humor.
---
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921
#6eco masterPosted 4/25/2013 11:54:35 AM
It is a little weird, but the actual content of the guide seems fair, I suppose. There's not actually any guide content, yet, aside from fairly standard item builds and stat loadouts (you do give fair background information regarding these, though, so good on you for that).

No grammar issues are apparent. As far as guide content go, the real point of guides (in my opinion, at least) is individual champion strategy, so do post back when you get some of that written up.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#7Tayzeeus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 12:18:24 PM
gvandale posted...
Ditch the act.

Edit: To expand, I think it takes away from the meat of your guide. I think people (like me) read guides to gain knowledge and insight into a champion, not get humor.

Well, and don't take this offensively at all because I understand your point, but:

There are just so many Annie guides, and she's been in the League forever, so it's not like the parts I have so far are new to people.

Everyone knows what masteries to use, what runes to use, what spells to take, etc, already.

I just add in the facade to lighten up the boring parts that everyone is used to already.
I do intend to add more depth into the more important parts(such as matchups) while still keeping the personality
---
#8xRustySpoonPosted 4/25/2013 12:25:18 PM
Well think of it like this. Remember that garbage guide that Umashi wrote in the form of a story or w/e? I think it was for Sejuani, and look how that turned out. It was literally awful.

Maybe you're just writing the guide for fun, and that's great, but if you intend for people to actually get something out of the material, you should really make sure you have something useful to offer than no one else has done yet. I'm not going to name names, but I think a few people have essentially wasted their time writing guides when other guides already exist that do it better.
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#9kirbymuncherPosted 4/25/2013 12:33:36 PM(edited)
you sure 1.5 AD is worthwhile over spellsword? It only takes 30 AP for spellsword to be better, which you pretty much have at level 1 with those runes+masteries

Edit: nvm I'm dumb. I'll change my complaint to "Your mastery section at the top doesn't match the one in the guide body"

Also I'm curious about justification of maxing Q before W when W gets a bigger damage increase per level and is AoE
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#10Luigy2693Posted 4/25/2013 12:31:01 PM
Boots of mobility confuses me.