Can a tanky-damage build work for Nunu?

#11GetHighAndPlayPosted 4/25/2013 3:18:54 PM
The point im making is you are hurting your team by doing this.

your losing a real solo laner for nunu....wow your snowball does decent damage! who cares the whole point of the snowball is the slow and AS debuff.

his ult is used for Zoneing people from your Carry not for its damage.

blood boil gains no effect from this.

The samething is going to happen to nunu regardless he will be ignored until he ults, he will then be hit with CC then continued to be ignored. and you are already one man down.
---
XboX Live = Lyle420
#12I_HATE_HALOPosted 4/25/2013 3:30:19 PM
GetHighAndPlay posted...

your losing a real solo laner for nunu....wow your snowball does decent damage! who cares the whole point of the snowball is the slow and AS debuff.

The samething is going to happen to nunu regardless he will be ignored until he ults, he will then be hit with CC then continued to be ignored. and you are already one man down.

Part of the advantages of using top lane Nunu is that he is an incredibly strong lane bully in certain match ups. His sustain allows him to lane forever and his snowball allows him to put out decent damage. Although his ult is often used for zoning, in the right scenario and positioning, it can decimate enemy teams.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sqxhjR837I&feature=grec_index
#13Morrowind789Posted 4/25/2013 3:36:34 PM
I_HATE_HALO posted...
GetHighAndPlay posted...

Part of the advantages of using top lane Nunu is that he is an incredibly strong lane bully in certain match ups. His sustain allows him to lane forever and his snowball allows him to put out decent damage. Although his ult is often used for zoning, in the right scenario and positioning, it can decimate enemy teams.

And that right scenario happens so infrequently that its not worth it, gambit tried a nunu mid afew weeks back I believe and while ich laned well , once mid game rolled around he was just as effective as support/jungle nunu which wastes a carry slot
---
SC2 : Koroioz 450
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS
#14I_HATE_HALOPosted 4/25/2013 3:46:05 PM
Morrowind789 posted...

And that right scenario happens so infrequently that its not worth it, gambit tried a nunu mid afew weeks back I believe and while ich laned well , once mid game rolled around he was just as effective as support/jungle nunu which wastes a carry slot

Ich actually played it top and successfully denied Zed farm. They had a Jungle Eve to compensate for AP damage. If anything that game proved that Nunu can compete well in lane.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sqxhjR837I&feature=grec_index
#15OnionOfMysteryPosted 4/25/2013 3:46:39 PM
Morrowind789 posted...
I_HATE_HALO posted...
GetHighAndPlay posted...

And he is suggesting Top Nunu. Try reading.
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#16Morrowind789Posted 4/25/2013 9:52:45 PM
sorry i had just woken up, i still stand by the fact that while its a solid lane, after the fact its hit or miss depending on a myriad of things from team comp, to lane matchups, etc etc
---
SC2 : Koroioz 450
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS
#17UnderwaterAirPosted 4/25/2013 9:55:40 PM
In my experience, Nunu with merc treads + Randuin's is generally tanky enough to do what he needs to do. lol
#18CovenantPosted 4/25/2013 10:17:21 PM
I_HATE_HALO posted...
Part of the advantages of using top lane Nunu is that he is an incredibly strong lane bully in certain match ups.

That only matters if you can put the opposing laner far enough behind that he contributes less than a Nunu to teamfights. You can't actually do that against anything even remotely resembling a decent player.

Gotta laugh when the community bandwagons on something that only worked in a scenario that in no way reflects a real game and only worked because the person it worked against was ignorant and refused to adapt mid-game.
#19GetHighAndPlayPosted 4/26/2013 5:41:32 AM
Regardless of top or mid you are still losing out on a real solo laner. a decent player in lane will just ignore him for the most part and nunu like WW has to push his lane to sustain.

I'm not saying Nunu isnt a solid laner, but if you can't see you are hurting your team by doing this I don't know what to tell you.
---
XboX Live = Lyle420