So, vs Elise top, what exactly are you supposed to do aside from roaming early?

#1o__-Posted 4/26/2013 4:06:16 AM
If I build mres, she builds sorc shoes/liandry's/void staff; it's almost entirely wasted since there is no good mres itemization and who else cares about mres, their support?
Building health is basically just investing in my midgame, because it does **** all in lane.
I can't build damage and just trade better than her because then she just builds tanky ap and kills me anyway.

It's like the only counterplay to Elise is to stay out of lane or have your jungler on permanent standby.
---
*monocle*
#2BlueJonelethPosted 4/26/2013 4:20:21 AM
Elise top is really a pain,

I think the best way is to take a champ with a lot of sustain like Vlad or Yorick.

Or you can play Galio top.
---
By refusing to kill your enemy, you'll endanger all the people he'll meet after you. - Gemini no Kanon -
#3ToumeiPosted 4/26/2013 4:24:29 AM
Vlad isn't really much good there either, Elise outranges and out-pokes him.
Plus he's pretty much guaranteed useless post-6 when Elise starts rappelling for your pool/ult.
---
<br /><br />
#4John_DanePosted 4/26/2013 4:33:30 AM
Yeah, I've never been able to counter Elise. She's kinda OP if you ask me. Those spiders are impossible to avoid, she'll poke you to death, or jump on you. You just have to keep your distance and wait for a gank.
#5Susan0Posted 4/26/2013 4:59:31 AM
Get GP/10?

Last hit under tower?

Or man up and rush her, forcing her out of lane with sheer willpower?!
---
Akali is mai Waifu desu~
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2e3brS2TV1r569y6o1_500.gif
#6VrrrooomPosted 4/26/2013 5:01:58 AM
It's kinda impossible to fight Elise early so I just shove my lane so she's forced to fight minions at her tower instead of killing me. Then I just go and farm golems/wolves, roam mid and just wait for jungler help :o)
---
;)
#7Doc_MPosted 4/26/2013 5:05:00 AM
I'm pretty sure sustain is the route most people go. Your goal is to make her go OOM before you get low enough for her to all in you for a kill. I think your other real option is someone who can all in very well. I think Renekton might be a good choice. Your Q should keep you high enough and your ult and a red pot will be enough to bait her into an all in that she loses.
---
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"
-Anonymous
#8Seiten_TaisenPosted 4/26/2013 5:12:38 AM
How does kha zix fare? I have yet to meet an Elise top so far.
#9MizunoRyuuPosted 4/26/2013 5:21:40 AM
Buy Health Regen. I personally find Eleisa's Miracle to be an absolute Godsend when dealing with Elise, but most champs don't really benefit from it. You could also get an early Emblem of Valor if your Support isn't going for Aegis. Otherwise, anyone with a shield can deal with her effectively. Shen has both a shield and good regen, so he's a decent choice against her.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#10sabeta_samaPosted 4/26/2013 5:49:50 AM
If you're an aggressive laner like Riven; then get Hexdrinker and Sorc Shoes.

The MR+Spellshield will allow you win trades or score a kill.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards