Deceptive late game awesomeness

#1JuliMizrahiPosted 4/26/2013 8:27:17 AM
As I said recently, I've been testing Sivir. So far, maybe it's my play style, but I can't get her to carry. She's a great support early game (1/1/9 by 10 minutes), but when I try to get more aggressive, she starts to show her inherent squishiness.

However, that's only early game. Mid-Late, once she has BT, maybe a Shiv too, she really starts to open up into a DPS queen. A bit of an accidental KS queen, too, but that's not the point. The point is that I'm surprised how quickly plink, plink, plink turned into RAWR I swallow souls!!. It wasn't a gradual climb like with most champs I've seen. It was almost like light switch fast from one to the other.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#2MightyGebPosted 4/26/2013 8:36:46 AM
So you're saying, once an ADC starts to get their build, they do damage?

Interesting...
---
GT: geblobledee
http://www.youtube.com/user/MightyGeb
#3JuliMizrahi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 8:50:55 AM
MightyGeb posted...

Interesting...

No, I'm saying...

Well, first off, I don't see Sivir as an ADC. Ever. She just doesn't have the early game DPS to hold her lane, even with a support. The ADC should be able to carry early without their build. Later on, she can put some good numbers up, but she's no carry.

Back to the point, what I'm saying is that it was surprising how after being just ok for the first 10-15 minutes, she suddenly became awesome. Not a gradual progression. Not something where each item along the way was a little helpful. Just a BAM jump. Adding Vampiric Scepter, meh. Adding BF Sword, meh. Trading them in for Bloodthirster, huge jump. Statik Shiv, another huge jump.

Maybe I'm wording it badly, or maybe I'm missing the concept.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#4darkmoonbeamPosted 4/26/2013 8:53:55 AM
thats kinda sorta what happens with a lot of adc's tho =3
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs: Where adults argue with children. Constantly. Over nothing. (Y)
People who agree: Several
#5DeleveleDPosted 4/26/2013 8:54:56 AM
That's because (and IMO) Sivir already looks aesthetically underwhelming, that and her early game is extremely awkward.

Even I get surprised when I see her hit hard and fast all of a sudden, because she still looks weak.
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#6gkh5Posted 4/26/2013 8:55:35 AM
JuliMizrahi posted...
MightyGeb posted...

Interesting...

Maybe I'm missing the concept.

It's ths. ADC's are extremely item dependent. You lean on your suprt for the first 20 mins until you can get a BF sword item and then once you get PD/Statik Shiv is when you start doing threatening damage. Some ADC's have stronger early/mid games but no ADC can "carry" before they have their items.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#7WombatishPosted 4/26/2013 8:57:46 AM
Also, Sivir isn't a support. Nothing in her kit (except her ult) could be seen as even kind of supportish.
---
I LIKE HOT MAN CORPSES AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT, **** -Olan
#8infinitexxPosted 4/26/2013 9:03:52 AM
There are much, much better options for a kill lane.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#9jonlaw101Posted 4/26/2013 9:05:15 AM
JuliMizrahi posted...
MightyGeb posted...

Interesting...

No, I'm saying...

Well, first off, I don't see Sivir as an ADC. Ever. She just doesn't have the early game DPS to hold her lane, even with a support. The ADC should be able to carry early without their build. Later on, she can put some good numbers up, but she's no carry.

Back to the point, what I'm saying is that it was surprising how after being just ok for the first 10-15 minutes, she suddenly became awesome. Not a gradual progression. Not something where each item along the way was a little helpful. Just a BAM jump. Adding Vampiric Scepter, meh. Adding BF Sword, meh. Trading them in for Bloodthirster, huge jump. Statik Shiv, another huge jump.

Maybe I'm wording it badly, or maybe I'm missing the concept.

so like an ADC then.
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes