Pros aren't the best at maths reflected in their weak item builds

#21FlareZeroPosted 4/26/2013 7:49:02 PM
While I think PD is a great item on Kog (Vamp Scept > IE > PD feels better than BOTRK > IE but that's just me), what games have pros done this in? Just curious to see the situation.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#22PrintScreenKey(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:54:01 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
I guarantee you these guys are doing this for a reason, even if it isn't obvious to you.

The numbers don't lie. Ever.

But some pros don't do the optimal item build. There is no reason for NOT building the most optimal thing.
Granted, it's not always easy to determine the most optimal item in game, pros really have to do the maths pre-game to prepare for the most optimal items.

Eg they should have a program which simulates:
- gold and level values to determine budget
- enemy level and common items to determine what defences the enemy will possibly have
- most common enemy champion picks and take into account their abilities

Then they have to number crunch to work out the most optimal items for each scenario.
I guarantee asian teams do this, there is no reason NOT to when you want to be the best in the world. It's also not that difficult to do, take some time out of the game to calculate the best items to get in common situations IN the game.
common situations they should consider include: when being behind in gold and levels, when against a high CC team, when against a mobile team... etc
#23PrintScreenKey(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:55:17 PM
FlareZero posted...
While I think PD is a great item on Kog (Vamp Scept > IE > PD feels better than BOTRK > IE but that's just me), what games have pros done this in? Just curious to see the situation.

EU LCS playoffs, they were playing kog and went for the BoRK -> IE -> LW build.