What do ADCs usually start with?

#1NicoGrimmPosted 4/26/2013 1:01:04 PM
I know Doran's Blade is relatively standard, but if your support has no sustain, and you aren't too confident in avoiding damage, what are the other options?
I was thinking Sword + 2, but don;t feel that Sword offers enough of a boost. Or, Boots + 3, but I think I'm fine at dodging most skillshots without needing boots early. Maybe Cloth + 5?

I know it ultimately depends on the matchup, but are there any general rules?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#2Karmic Dragon2003Posted 4/26/2013 1:03:33 PM
Just start with a Crystalline flask and some pots, push the lane hard, go back to refresh bot, get boots to get back to lane quicker.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#3zeppelin312Posted 4/26/2013 1:05:09 PM
dolan, you are trying to kill the enemy, be a big bully, have a support with sustain, running LS quints

LS+2, you want a quick vamp scepter, you want to trade some

boots+3, rarer, if you really need the MS for some reason

elixir+pots, you are expecting an all in

pots, you want to sustain everything

flask, you want to sustain, and have some mana, you are investing to get youyr money out of refreshing the flask

armor+5, you dun goofed and expect to need the armor to not die, with pots to sustain
#4leak_manPosted 4/26/2013 1:07:19 PM
If my support can sustain me, and I wanna do some more damage early, I go LS+2 Pots.

If I expect poke, or if I'm unsure about the match up, I got boots+3 Pots.
---
Prinny Rule No. 1! You shall always include the word "dood" in every line you say!
#5NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 1:08:35 PM
Would you reccomend getting Flask on Twitch? It feels liek he uses a lot of mana early. Or, aybe I'm just using him wrong.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#6Black_AssassinPosted 4/26/2013 1:11:38 PM
Buying and selling cloth armor only sets you back by 90g, so I'd see nothing wrong with it, especially against some tougher matchups.
---
lowercase
#7gallantknightPosted 4/26/2013 1:12:38 PM
LS+2 pot is a safe start

Doran's if you have a sustain support like Soraka/Taric/Sona

I wouldn't really recommend any other starts because the red pot start is getting nerfed soon
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#8easymodexzPosted 4/26/2013 1:15:30 PM
Red Elixir + pots
Flask + pots
Doran's (often with LS quints)
30 pots + ward
#9NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 1:17:46 PM
LS + Dorans honestly sounds like one of the best starts.

it gives damage, and enough sustain to survive assuming you asren't bullied too hard. Right?

So, I guess I should invest in some LS Quints?
---
#10SmishhhPosted 4/26/2013 1:18:13 PM
Longsword start isn't very good, if you want to go all in a red elixer and red pots will win you trades better than anything. Right now going lifesteal quints and a doran's blade is very popular for the sustain. Those two options will keep you in lane for a long time and give you a good early game.