I'm the guy who is scared to play normals

#11TheDarkNerdPosted 4/27/2013 7:32:22 PM
Yes, do give draft normals a try. I was surprised when I made the switch.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#12breakfastramen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:57:20 PM
I might have to do that. I've been getting my feet wet more and more the past couple of days. Even played my first premade blind normal. Everyone was a higher level than I am, so I'm sure that made it challenging, but I played pretty well as support and it was just really nice being able to play with people who were relatively chill and just wanted to have fun. Everyone only had time for the one game, though. I hope I get a chance to play with them again, I'm not sure if they accepted my buddy requests.
#13Hyper InfernoPosted 4/27/2013 11:20:19 PM
This is why Riot's trying to weed out ragers and such, because there's always that one jerk that can cause a lot of other people to not want to play the game.

I highly recommend an aggressive support for low elo support. Zyra, Leona, Blitzcrank or Taric are the more traditional options that work really well. Zyra can even mini-ward the river with seeds if you're poor.

Other options are Maokai or Jarvan IV support. Maokai can self ward the river with seedlings too.

The main thing to remember when playing an offensive support and getting your ADC fed (or lane partner) when they can't CS is to only initiate when you know there isn't a counter-gank waiting for you.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters