Karma?

#1PenguinLord2324Posted 4/26/2013 9:08:44 PM
Since her rework, I don't think I've seen a single Karma that was actually useful. Is she just terrible or are people building her wrong? Which brings me to my next question, what is the best way to build/play karma? There's 1 featured guide and 1 approved guide for her on solomid, but they're both outdated (pre-rework). So, have any of you had any luck with her. And if so, what are you doing differently?
---
"Yucky grody icky buns" - Day[9]
#2xVashTS98xPosted 4/26/2013 9:11:02 PM
TBH, I dunno. I feel like she should be played as a tanky mage so she can be in the fray recharging her Mantra asap. Maybe build her like Swain or Ryze...

I dunno, I've given up on her for the time being. Gonna wait until after her PBE buffs go live and try her out again.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#3bighairycamelPosted 4/26/2013 9:13:11 PM
I've seen a few games where she was effective, but she got fed mid and her q with mantra was hitting pretty hard. As a support she is still outclassed in about every way.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary and those that don't.
#4AriavoltagePosted 4/26/2013 9:15:57 PM
Tanky AP CDR Karma! Or pull a Siv HD and go Jungle tanky AD Karma
#5lightdragoon88Posted 4/26/2013 9:16:26 PM
A support build is not for her.

She needs a solid AP/HP build.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#6VoidgolemPosted 4/26/2013 9:24:13 PM
been quite effective in the few games I've seen her in.

Admittedly half of it was me being a raid boss with skarner and/or Darius, but still, the backup was nice.
---
"And though I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil because I'm driving a house-sized mass of '**** you'"
#7TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 4/26/2013 9:33:04 PM
I think she's great. Slow from Q + speed boost and shield from E easily secures kills and saves lives. W is ok. I like to get Twin Shadows and Shurelyas and become the master of movement speed, slowing the enemy and hasting our team the whole game.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#8Mobile_PlatformPosted 4/26/2013 9:34:10 PM
Before her rework, you never saw Karma period. At least now she has the potential to be good.
---
"Well, you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons... go murder a clown." --Festus Krex
#9Fenrir the WolfPosted 4/26/2013 10:48:18 PM
Mobile_Platform posted...
Before her rework, you never saw Karma period. At least now she has the potential to be good.

Her old kit had great potential too. I miss it.

I'm still unsure what I think about new Karma though. I think what someone said about building her as a tanky AP is a good idea. Old Karma could go glass cannon because of her heal, passive AP at low health, and that freakin' shield of hers. New Karma has to be constantly in the fray to get her Mantras recharged, so being able to survive long enough to do that sounds beneficial.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#10pozertronPosted 4/26/2013 10:59:39 PM
So far the build that worked the absolute best for me is...

Deathfire Grasp
Athene's Unholy Grail
Rabadon's Deathcap
Liandry's Torment
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya's Hourglass