Karma?

#11PenguinLord2324(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:00:43 AM
pozertron posted...
So far the build that worked the absolute best for me is...

Deathfire Grasp
Athene's Unholy Grail
Rabadon's Deathcap
Liandry's Torment
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya's Hourglass

Do your games last 20 hours? xD
---
"Yucky grody icky buns" - Day[9]
#12Mobile_PlatformPosted 4/27/2013 1:04:16 AM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...
Mobile_Platform posted...
Before her rework, you never saw Karma period. At least now she has the potential to be good.

Her old kit had great potential too. I miss it.

I'm still unsure what I think about new Karma though. I think what someone said about building her as a tanky AP is a good idea. Old Karma could go glass cannon because of her heal, passive AP at low health, and that freakin' shield of hers. New Karma has to be constantly in the fray to get her Mantras recharged, so being able to survive long enough to do that sounds beneficial.

Traditional Karma was designed as a support, but her kit was better suited for a mage. So people played her as thus (when they did play her), and soon realized that why use Karma when they could use any of the dozens of better mages? Purists then attempted to use her as support and came to the same conclusion: Why pick Karma over other supports?

The rework has removed much of this confusion, which is what Karma needed more than higher numbers or stronger, more synergistic spells.
---
"Well, you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons... go murder a clown." --Festus Krex
#13pozertronPosted 4/27/2013 2:25:50 AM(edited)
PenguinLord2324 posted...
pozertron posted...
So far the build that worked the absolute best for me is...

Deathfire Grasp
Athene's Unholy Grail
Rabadon's Deathcap
Liandry's Torment
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya's Hourglass

Do your games last 20 hours? xD

That was an example of my full build.

Usually i start with 3 pots and rush Needlessly large rod *my first item is either DFG or Athenes depending on the farm success* then i go for Haunting Guise and upgrade it last, get Rabadon and everything else is optional.

I dont take boots because Q slows, W stops and E hastes, also i prefer Ghost over Flash.
#14PenguinLord2324(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 7:23:24 PM
What do you guys think about the Karma buffs in this latest patch? Is she viable now?
---
"Yucky grody icky buns" - Day[9]
#15Trickery1688Posted 4/30/2013 7:30:38 PM
I miss old Karma too. She didn't fit the meta because she was previously a support designed to help melee champions, not ranged. Her tether hit enemies easier when leashed to a melee champ. Her shield's damage component required the ally it was being used on was close to an enemy for the damage to hit, so once again, a melee champ was better. And Karma was an in your face support anyways, so having a bruiser or melee carry made it all the better for her.

I played her in 3's and Dominion and dominated, often placing 1st on my team and being thanked by teammates who rarely saw a Karma, let alone one that did so well. But Riot doesn't care much about those game modes. Now I've retired playing her, as there are just better picks for what she does now.
#16TnykuuhPosted 4/30/2013 8:09:23 PM
she's really good in ARAM I think XD
---
Some fear death, others pray for it.
#17I think I am a phonePosted 4/30/2013 10:12:26 PM
Why use old Karma as a mage, oh I dont know just the fact she was one of the greatest AOErs in the game and the original version of the shield was in the running for best skill in the game period. Not to mention how many people slept on her old W which was actually far more useful than the new one, damage or no, +40% movespeed on you -40% movespeed on an enemy, applies the second its cast, none of this new crap where they get out of it before the root almost every time.

But hey she looks cooler now and she has a dumb skillshot wooooooooo so good!
---
Paranoia keeps things interesting.
#18MindManipulatorPosted 4/30/2013 10:19:20 PM
I did amazing with karma on ARAM today at least
---
Ah man, read that as MathMurderer- PepTheGreat