Record of FotM champs

#1Lord_WoobiePosted 4/26/2013 9:43:02 PM
Would anyone be interested in me keeping a record of champs as they become popular, get nerfed or overshadowed, and fall out of favor over the remainder of season 3? It'd be more of a trivia thing than anything else, but I think it'd be interesting to keep track of how the meta evolves and why.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#2zeppelin312Posted 4/26/2013 9:47:53 PM
I'd enjoy it
#3Knight_Of_OrderPosted 4/26/2013 9:49:06 PM
Sounds good, would give a good insight on the trends that happen troughout S3
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#4Lord_Woobie(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:59:10 PM(edited)
Ok, I've decided to make a record of the following, dating from the pre-season 3 patch (Nami and Jungle overhaul). I'll update it periodically (most likely with each major patch).

Popular meta tactics
Emphasized stats
Popular item highlights
Popular team comps (general, role-based)
Champs popularized by the meta (why they became popular, what they did, whether they had niche builds, why their popularity declined [if applicable])
Anticipated FotM champs

Popular Champions:
Akali
Caitlyn
Cho'Gath
Diana
Elise
Garen
Hecarim
Jarvan IV
Jayce
Katarina
Kayle
Lulu
Lux
Miss Fortune
Nasus
Nidalee
Olaf
Renekton
Rumble
Ryze
Singed
Taric
Thresh
Tristana
Tryndamere (AP Trynd)
Twisted Fate
Twitch
Udyr
Varus
Vayne
Vi
Volibear
Xin Zhao
Xerath
Zac
Zed
Zyra

Perma-banned champs
Amumu
Elise* (semi)
Hecarim* (semi)
Malphite
Shen

Anticipated FotM Champs:

Feel free to make suggestions if you have any, and let me know if I forgot anyone :P
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#5lurking222Posted 4/27/2013 12:25:58 AM
Udyr, Xerath, Zac and Zyra are not popular.

Karma speculated op? Is this a joke?
---
3DS FC: 4313-0054-0552
#6Lord_Woobie(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 12:38:55 AM
lurking222 posted...
Udyr, Xerath, Zac and Zyra are not popular.

Karma speculated op? Is this a joke?

Udyr's becoming fotm since his recent buffs, as is Zac due to his showing in LCS.

Zyra was FotM at early points of S3.

Xerath I could probably move over to the Anticipated FotM section, since he's not played very often yet but I think he will be.

Karma's probably going to become more popular with the buffs they gave her AFTER her rework - they really are very good. I'm not saying she's OP or that she's going to be OP, I'm saying she'll become popular.
---
#7Wet_moonPosted 4/27/2013 12:49:18 AM
Record if FOTM champs:

ALL IF THEM AT SOME POINT.
---
You can't fire me, I don't work in this van!
#8xSighxPosted 4/27/2013 1:05:00 AM
Nasus.

Korean Ezreal.

Zed.

TF.

Thresh.

Oddly enough Hecarim is a priority ban quite often, but I never see him picked if he isn't banned. hmm...
#9zeppelin312Posted 4/27/2013 1:09:04 AM
are you doing high level play records, general records, or yoloqueue silver+gold?

cause malphite and shen haven't been popular ban status for a while now, not to say they weren't ever banned, but others were more popular to ban