Kat or Akali?

#1jibyungchul911Posted 4/27/2013 12:00:48 PM
Pretty new to the game, and really warming up to the idea of an assassin. I've played Kat and Akali, though it was a fair bit ago so hard to remember what they were exactly like, especially Akali.

I was pretty much set on Akali but people seem to be saying that she's pretty much useless late game which made me take a step back..

I like the idea of single target burst, but I would also like to contribute in team fights as well as be useful at late game.

Advice? Recommendations? Akali or Kat?

---
"Platypuses are God's way of saying, "**** you, Darwin." - CrashBangPow
#2tacoslayer89Posted 4/27/2013 12:04:42 PM
Zed
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
#3Lord SojiroPosted 4/27/2013 12:11:28 PM
From those two, Akali.

Katarina is more reliant on her teammates to get her resets to snowball hard, but she does have more potential to wipe out the enemy team if you have those good teammates, but without resets, it can be really hard to get her going. Akali is more self-reliant and can really get going by herself, but she doesn't have the same potential Katarina has since Katarina resets can be devastating, but Akali is by no means bad and Katarina is more of a risk.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#4MizunoRyuuPosted 4/27/2013 12:45:19 PM
Personally, I prefer Akali, since she provides a bit more utility with her W, and she's harder to shut down due to her hybrid damage output. Katarina, in comparison, is more high-risk, high-reward in that you can go all in and potentially get a pentakill, or you can stay outside and try to poke enemies, and not accomplish anything at all. Akali has at least some way to semi-engage, then peel herself away, so she can be useful for chip damage before fights.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...