People only care about ranked because of ego and the end-of-season rewards

#1JiminyTheDingoPosted 4/27/2013 7:38:59 PM
For the vast majority of us, ranked does not matter. Normals have their hidden elo, so if you play well and win, you'll get matched with other people who play at your skill level. Same thing as ranked. The only thing about ranked is that there is a visual telling you where you are so you can say "Hey, guys, look! I'm this rank! I'm higher than you, I'm better than you!" That and you get a skin and maybe a summoner icon to show how "good" you are.

This isn't Korea, the competitive scene doesn't give a hoot about solo queue. If you're not already up at the tippity-top and know some pro players then you're probably never going to become a professional. You're not going to make a living out of League of Legends. Stop saying it counts. Stop saying it matters.

I know I'm going to get people calling me a bronze scrub who's mad about how I can't climb out. I'm silver 4 and climbing with about 30 ranked games this season. The only reason I'm playing ranked at all is because I want to be in a position to get a free skin come season's end. I like free stuff. Don't we all? Whether I'm playing Normals or Ranked, I see little difference. I'll have a ranking in both, their structure is the same at the core. You can be similarly "plagued" by bads regardless of what mode you play. If you can't climb in ranked, you can't climb in normals.
---
The fruit...it's...it's taunting me! O_o
#2RihawfPosted 4/27/2013 7:46:43 PM
well, I'd only go for gold because of the rewards
other than that I'm awful and don't care about ranked
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcza1cqPmZ1rkp7uxo1_250.gif
#3TheSchrefPosted 4/27/2013 7:50:02 PM
That's great, Jiminy.
#4lonele_aznPosted 4/27/2013 8:01:16 PM
I play ranked because I want to improve and prove to myself that I could play in the higher divisions and or improve my game and actually see myself improving. I don't like normals because you don't know where you rank in the whole gaming scene and people don't behave as much.
---
Gamertag: CrazE SwaG
League of Legends: Waybetterdenyou
#5JiminyTheDingo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:09:57 PM
I play ranked because I want to improve and prove to myself that I could play in the higher divisions and or improve my game and actually see myself improving. I don't like normals because you don't know where you rank in the whole gaming scene and people don't behave as much.

So, as I said, ego.
---
The fruit...it's...it's taunting me! O_o
#6HeartlessCharmsPosted 4/27/2013 8:12:24 PM
JiminyTheDingo posted...

So, as I said, ego.

Nah dude, Id.
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#7JoecoolBCSPosted 4/27/2013 8:14:25 PM
Or because it is fun? I am competitive and like to play ranked due to it being more so than normal. THis is a dumb topic btw.
---
3DS: 5455-9410-5629
#8BlackBeetleborgPosted 4/27/2013 8:19:17 PM
Wait, we get things for being a high rank? Whaaaaaaaaaaat??
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#9MegaHowlerPosted 4/27/2013 8:24:02 PM
JoecoolBCS posted...
Or because it is fun? I am competitive and like to play ranked due to it being more so than normal. THis is a dumb topic btw.

Yeah, me as well. The trolling is worse than in ranked, and people tend to just surrender as soon as it's the 20th minute. Begging to surrender just because it's not worth it to try to make a comeback.

At least in ranked people usually que up with the idea of getting something for the win and losing something in the loss not "idgaf it's normals"
---
3DSFC 4382-2743-5839
#10kimimaru5Posted 4/27/2013 9:20:47 PM
Blogfaqs
---
GT: Infinity Havoc ~ BlazBlue: Lambda/V13 ~ SSFIVAE: Dudley ~ UMvC3: Wesk/Tron/Frank ~ LoL: Namanie Nienami
-Contradictory Conjunction User-