What's the highest you can get placed at? Questions about ranked

#1CodemanB3Posted 4/27/2013 11:44:42 PM
Was originally terrified to do ranked due to the usual terrible people you run into in normals and thought it would be very similar. I eventually said screw it and took on the philosophy that "whatever happens happens". In a way i was right. I have a 7/4 win/loss rate almost exclusively to team stupidity, but what are you gonna do? To my surprise, however, i ended up in silver 5! I almost always end up doing well in the match regardless of win or loss so that may have something to do with where i got placed. While that may not be an accomplishment to some of you, i was just glad not to be in wood league or elo hell. Luckily for me i have a pretty good duo partner now who hopefully between the two of us can move up the ladder.

My questions are what is the highest someone can start out at and what are the criteria for being placed?
#2angelwkw3Posted 4/27/2013 11:49:38 PM
Depends what you were in Season 2. An unranked player prior to season 2 going 10-0 in placements supposedly ends up in Gold V.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#3CodemanB3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 1:42:57 PM
angelwkw3 posted...
Depends what you were in Season 2. An unranked player prior to season 2 going 10-0 in placements supposedly ends up in Gold V.

so its completely based on wins? Seems like a flawed system
#4wantfastcarsPosted 4/28/2013 1:47:11 PM
CodemanB3 posted...
angelwkw3 posted...

It's hard to measure how you do in-game beyond whether you won or not and what your K/D/A was. I played a Kayle game a while ago (granted I am HORRIBLE at Kayle) where I went 0/7/3, but my team was thanking me for saving them from deaths with my heal and my ult. It's hard to judge how well you performed based solely on numbers. W/L ratio is generally a simple and easy way to do it, even if it isn't entirely fair.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#5ninplayerPosted 4/28/2013 1:49:11 PM
I'm sure someone like Dyrus was dropped in Diamond or so after placements.
---
League of Legends IGN: Byrne14
#6TheSchrefPosted 4/28/2013 2:15:30 PM
Pretty sure 2 people from here went 10-0 and ended up at Gold 1.
#7Herostratus_Posted 4/28/2013 2:17:38 PM
Pretty sure 2 people from here went 10-0 and ended up at Gold 1.

yeah sin and seph got put in gold 1. seph was ranked gold the previous season though so it sort of makes sense for him. sin was unranked but maybe he gained more mmr by duoing with seph who was gold before? Riot hasn't really said how it works.
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
http://i.imgur.com/CpLNL4h.png
#8Luster_SlyPosted 4/28/2013 2:20:25 PM

Smart cookie, you are.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gdi7G.jpg http://i.imgur.com/svnvY.jpg
#9nomorePosted 4/28/2013 2:52:53 PM
I got 9 wins and ended up in silver 1.
(Never played ranked in s2)
#10Eclypse9810Posted 4/28/2013 5:01:07 PM
AFAIK, your placement is based on your hidden ranked MMR. Having a high MMR + doing well in placements to boost your MMR even higher is how you get a high placement, like into gold. For example, I only went 8-2 for placements, but was placed into Gold V due to having a high enough MMR from S2.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.