elise vs jayce

#1XcaIIionPosted 4/28/2013 4:54:02 AM
i did this matchup earlier as elise and had a very hard time. i felt like his poke damage was stronger, his melee brawling was stronger and he scaled better than me. i couldnt fight him in lane and he was just stronger after laning was over. didnt know what to do.
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#2tranquilizerrrPosted 4/28/2013 4:56:56 AM
Jayce is a bit difficult matchup. If he decides to play the long range role, farming at max range and spamming Qs on range form, there's not much you can do besides farming.

However, if he goes aggressive you can beat him if you play your cards right.

Dodge his Qs. If you do this and you don't get hit too much by his poke, there's no way he can kill you.

Try to land a stun from weird angles, if you hit, go with a full spell rotation on him and rappel out to minimize the damage done to you, that way he will get really frustrated as he realizes you're not letting him fight back.

Sunfire Cape as your first big item. You can also go for an Abyssal if you're a bit ahead and want to bully him even harder, but overall I think the cape is a better choice.

This is just some copypasta.
---
Talk is cheap.
#3g-cube_mastaPosted 4/28/2013 6:12:18 AM
yeah it's not great for elise because eventually he's going to hit his combo and it is really punishing

that said after you have guise/sorcs you can definitely 1v1 him

I like fighting him in the mana bar. Trade mana with him and you'll both sustain through each other's harass, when you're both low mana you can abuse spider form to win trades

it stops working once he gets tear but then he just dumped 700g into raw mana so you will have a damage advantage anyways either with amp tome or ruby crystal for higher health.

flask is a really good pick up

you can go tear too but in this match up I like doran's better. The health helps a lot as does the mana regen and the ap doesn't hurt.

I pretty much never used stun offensively and just had it up 24/7 until I needed to use it to peel when he wanted to go hard.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#4lcodeclPosted 4/28/2013 6:15:40 AM
Elise usually beats Jayce in my experiences. She has more sustain and a stun making her able to make small trades and potentially get out with any damage done to her. I guess it really just depends on who is utilizing the brush-poke strategy more and skill.
---
LoL: CapnDrewsky
XBL: xHomeslicex
#5_HeXPosted 4/28/2013 6:19:02 AM
You have an advantage as Elise, you can use your minions as meat shield to eat his Q which is something he can't do.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#6g-cube_mastaPosted 4/28/2013 6:21:04 AM
You have an advantage as Elise, you can use your minions as meat shield to eat his Q which is something he can't do.

His Q explodes in an AoE and sometimes the minions actually screw you because the Q misses you but hits a spider and the AoE catches you.

It's both beneficial and a detriment depending on the situation.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png