Worst part of gaming today: Microtransactions

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Worst part of gaming today: Microtransactions
2 years ago#1
I think this is true, but I also think that LoL's microtransactions aren't bad at all. They just need better pricing in some cases.

Title isn't my opinion. It's the results of the poll a couple days ago.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
2 years ago#2
I thought it was the poor quality of nearly everything and the stupid obsession qith quicktime events for everything that was the worst part of gaming now.
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.
2 years ago#3
I find them to really not be that bad at all in general, to be honest. People overblow its negatives pretty hard.

Very rarely are you truly missing out on something if you don't participate in the microtransactions of a game. And it's not like it's even remotely mandatory.

Bad vote. Just like how EA being the worst company in America was a bad vote.
---
"If they came to hear me beg, they will be disappointed."
2 years ago#4
I don't have a problem with LoL. It actually feels pretty fair and natural, and gives alternatives for people that don't want to spend money or at least as much money. I hate microtransactions when they are literally just chunking up a game to nickel and dime you. Like Mega Man 9's "pay me $2 to buy a higher difficulty setting!" That is pretty pitiful.

And props to the quick mention of QTEs. I think that those are generally lowest common denominator crap.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
2 years ago#5
DLC is worse than microtransactions. I'm not talking Episodes from Liberty City but stupid things like horse armor or a new map. There's so much now (look at Saints Row 3). It's gotten to the point where I won't buy games until GotY edition comes out.

Though League is the only game with microtransactions that I play and the way it's done here feels fine (and Dota 2 as well). Nexon games are pretty bad
---
?
2 years ago#6
I hate it when you have to spend money to keep up with other people.

LoL it's not too bad, because you buy skins, they are a luxury not a necessity.
If you had to spend real money to buy runes or champions - it would be terrible!
2 years ago#7
for games like this, companies are really limited to what they can sell before the game becomes garbage

for mmos, anything is fair game as long as it's tradable between players

and yes, "DLC" is an abomination
2 years ago#8
Worst part of gaming today? The self-entitled community.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
2 years ago#9
Eh F2P games should be exceptions. Especially a game like this that isn't P2W
---
Dear Gearbox, Rock is overpowered please nerf it. Paper is fine the way it is.
From, Scissors
2 years ago#10
Worst part of gaming today? The self-entitled community.

Producers try to make as much profit as they can from the consumers, consumers try to get as much as they can for as little money as possible. It's the natural order of things. Consumers should be entitled or else you're asking for corporations to stomp all over you because they really don't care. Though this doesn't apply to Riot as much, I genuinely believe they're nice guys. And Valve.
---
?
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Worst part of gaming today: Microtransactions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived