Support Nami

#11TheTrueAmericanPosted 4/28/2013 3:19:42 PM
E is trash after your ADC builds attack speed. Riot needs to look at it.
#12ophanseraph123Posted 4/28/2013 3:22:50 PM
TheTrueAmerican posted...

I still think they should make the E buff last for 6 seconds, period. Not just 3 AAs. Would make it much more viable in a heartbeat considering just how much DPS that would add to an ADC with almost 2.0 AS.

Would also allow for some nice early-game harass against the enemy adc.
---
I'd love to hear your life story and all, but I'm kind of busy eating this nice plate of "I don't give a damn".
#13TheTrueAmericanPosted 4/28/2013 3:33:52 PM
Agreed. Nami would be top tier support if they removed the 3 hits, they could even reduce it to 5 seconds and she'd still be excellent.
#14infinitexxPosted 4/28/2013 3:45:34 PM
Q's tough to land on someone who knows it is coming, W's a mana-hog, E is meh.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#15wantfastcarsPosted 4/28/2013 3:46:57 PM
infinitexx posted...
Q's tough to land on someone who knows it is coming, W's a mana-hog, E is meh.

Having played her on her free week and loving her concept but finding her meh overall... I agree with this. Though I'd argue more that Q is hard to land for people new to her than it is for people that know it's coming.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#16Doc_HellraiserPosted 4/29/2013 2:18:03 AM(edited)
Hard to use (somewhat slow skill shot CC)
Squishy (compared to taric or say leona)
Has mana issues

Her advantage is that there is no other babysitter (as in support with heal) with that much CC, especially AoE CC at that. The utility is really good on her, although E could use a buff.

Sona has easier to use poke and overall easier laning (mana management is easier) but her teamfighting presence is lower, her ult despite being faster is worse (smaller area both in width and length, stuns only where as nami's also slows after they fall) and if somebody dives your carry you can do f*** all to save him if your ult is down.

Overall she's better at saving dumb teammates getting caught alone after laning than pretty much everyone apart from lulu, assuming you can land Q. Also you can ult from fog of war, people need to learn to use that to its fullest potential.

Once thresh gets nerfed and people learn how to use her Q and ult she'll see more use. Buffs would help but the last batch of buffs for her was already good (especially the ult CD buff).
---
Still waiting for: Half-life 2: episode 3, Wasteland 2.
#17ZedPowerPosted 4/29/2013 2:42:07 AM
Tip for Q: find out where your victim wants to be, and aim there. If they dodge it, then it puts them in an unfavorable position. Think about it: if they're running away, and you aim in front of them, either they keep running and get stunned, or they stop moving or try to run around the bubble, which means that you've still made it easier for your teammates to catch up to them, almost as if you had actually landed a slow or a snare. The bubble has a fairly long range, and training yourself to aim behind people is actually pretty easy.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#18angelwkw3Posted 4/29/2013 4:32:06 AM(edited)
TheTrueAmerican posted...

Oh yeah adding an extra 255 magic damage (something many AD's lack) on 3 auto's is trash. Not to mention it's excellent for kiting/chasing. Works great with MF, Varus and Kog who do have on hit damage already too. The problem E has is the long cooldown, if they cut it down some it'd be much better.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#19YusukenlPosted 4/29/2013 4:48:29 AM
I babysit as the Bull, better than Fish