AD eve vs AP eve (Jungle)

#11SlaynPosted 4/28/2013 8:45:52 PM
Because:

deathcap
lichbane
liandry's
ult
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#12StrategyWikipedPosted 4/28/2013 9:22:03 PM
AP or AD, I feel like it doesn't make too much of a difference, but there aren't a lot of tanky items you can get as AP, and the AD items (such as TBC) are much more helpful for your team. If you wanna do DFG Evelynn, you might as well just play Syndra or something. I'd say being tanky as Evelynn is super important mid to late game because she can't disengage at all (like Kha'zix).
#13lightdragoon88Posted 4/29/2013 6:13:10 AM
rvsoldier posted...

Tormet and Scepter work regardless of damage type, so does spellvamp. None of that has any truth to it.

If you are going to use Torment and Scepter along with spellvamp, then you might as well build AP then AD.

Lifevamp won't work on any of her skills or effects that actived on physical attacks like The Black Cleaver

Also:Last Whisper and The Brutalizer armor ignore are useless on her since it damage is magic base thus effect by MR and not armor.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#14_HeXPosted 4/29/2013 6:27:30 AM
She's decent as AD, but only her E scales off AD so it's pretty much a waste to build her that way.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#15infinitexxPosted 4/29/2013 6:30:56 AM(edited)
lightdragoon88 posted...
Also:Last Whisper and The Brutalizer armor ignore are useless on her since it damage is magic base thus effect by MR and not armor.

Unless you built Muramana, since she charges it like a boss and procs twice on E. Kind of a slow option for Jungle though.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#16easymodexzPosted 4/29/2013 7:46:26 AM
If I recall correctly, GG played Eve in the jungle in the EU playoffs. Diamondprox basically built her AD/tank/utility. Not really much in the way of AD -- mostly the Locket and some other stuff. She made a pretty good tank with good sustained damage.

Omegashield is pretty insane, especially in the current meta of "everyone's buying a BOTRK".
#17CarbonightsPosted 4/29/2013 8:43:40 AM
_HeX posted...
She's decent as AD, but only her E scales off AD so it's pretty much a waste to build her that way.
This is wrong, q also scales from AD, to a higher degree than it scales from AP in fact (50% vs. 45%);

They still do magic damage, however.
#18G0dSlay3rPosted 4/29/2013 8:54:10 AM(edited)
It simply boils down to itemization and damage type.
Scaling and ratios have very little to do with it.

If you build her AD, she's a bruiser/melee carry.
She does not offer enough CC disruption to be an effective bruiser and melee carries in general are almost useless in the current meta(very easy to shut down).
Considering that Runic Bulwark is a very popular item on both supports and junglers these days, you basically get an Eve that can only deal effective damage through melee auto-attacks, while her magic damage(all of her skills) is significantly reduced if she doesn't buy some magic penetration.
Her ult also deals significantly less damage without magic penetration, which greatly reduces her overall burst.

If you build her AP, she's a close range mage assassin with great kiting and chasing potential.
Itemization options are also better, so you can build her as a pure nuke assassin or an AP bruiser.
With some CDR, her Q serves as an effective replacement for auto-attack damage, as well as being more damage efficient since you can build magic penetration items without wasting gold.
You have good damage, you can finish off runners easier and you have more item options.
You will not be in melee range, you will be faster than any champ in the game(Q passive and W) and you will generally snowball like hell.

Basically, AD Eve would work if her Q(her main damage source in extended fights) was physical damage.
Alas, it is not and with her being a melee champ, her optimal items would be ability power focused.
Alternatively, AD Eve would work if an item existed that gives you hybrid penetration, one that would be useful late-game(say, 20% of both physical and magical damage pen).
But it doesn't exist.

AP Eve is the way to go, unless you want to gimp your damage and effectiveness.
#19GainazzoPosted 4/29/2013 8:55:35 AM
easymodexz posted...
If I recall correctly, GG played Eve in the jungle in the EU playoffs. Diamondprox basically built her AD/tank/utility. Not really much in the way of AD -- mostly the Locket and some other stuff. She made a pretty good tank with good sustained damage.

Omegashield is pretty insane, especially in the current meta of "everyone's buying a BOTRK".

I think he built Lizard elder, locket and ap after that. His builds tend to go more to the AP side usually.
#20DeanyzyPosted 4/29/2013 9:04:19 AM
hello_indigo posted...
Ferd_Da_Bird posted...
AP gives more burst by a significant margin. In addition, it allows her some chasing and ranged with q and others. AD eve is useless.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/32605446#history

Useless?

Anything works in Silver. Your successes with AD Eve ultimately mean nothing.