Why does everyone ignore thresh's lantern

#21TyrHungerPosted 4/29/2013 7:26:23 AM
Just remembered that this week playing as Tresh, my team was chasing a near dead MF. Then she went to bushes and i´ve from far away throw the lantern to give vision.

Someone of my team clicked at it and send everyone back to my bad position and MF fleed.

It wasn´t my fault.
---
Stand tall and shake the heavens! - Xenogears
#22MizunoRyuuPosted 4/29/2013 7:54:43 AM
I used to ignore it because when I read that you have to click on it, I always assumed you used left click (naturally), and thought the lantern was bugged since it never worked. It's only recently that I discovered that you have to right click it. There are probably others that still think you have to left click it. Maybe they have to change the tooltip to say you have to "move onto the lantern" or something?
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#23FlanteusPosted 4/29/2013 9:11:08 AM
lightwell syndrome
---
Memento Mori
#24ElemantalPosted 4/29/2013 9:14:39 AM
DeleveleD posted...
kourkour posted...
Sometimes I don't have to take it because that's not the way I want to escape, or when used for aggression, sometimes I just don't think it's a good call.

Never thought to consider people sometimes CHOOSE not to lick the lantern right?

I guess if blowing your Flash or running away to safety (which takes longer) is your way of wanting to escape rather than having an effortless escape, then sure, but tbh, that's one of the dumbest things I've read, the "It's not the way I want to escape."

As for the rest, yes it's dependent on your team communication so no arguments there, and clicking the lantern can be situational, especially if enemies are on top of it, but I think not clicking isn't very smart unless there's absolutely no need to.

I don't understand why you think it's the dumbest thing you've read. Like someone said earlier, he usually kite while running. Also, you can lure the enemy if you're normally running, since they'll think they can kill you. Then, a little gank and you've earned yourself some kills for not clicking the lantern. They won't run after you like hyenas if you take Tresh's lantern (I consider he is well positioned).
#25GainazzoPosted 4/29/2013 9:27:36 AM
Because thresh always throws it so that an enemy is standing on top of it.
#26omegaraijinPosted 4/29/2013 9:41:50 AM
because he throws it at the worst possible location most of the time
#27jester48Posted 4/29/2013 10:14:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSUTWt_iIms

That was ridiculous.
---
XBL GT: Jester was good
#28Suffer_NotPosted 4/29/2013 10:28:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOWoAktkGQg&t=3m46s

Thresh: Sejuani, use my lantern!
Sejuani: DURR...
Bristle: Seriously boss, just click on the-
Sejuani: FLASH!
Tresh: :|
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#29TyrHungerPosted 4/29/2013 10:32:27 AM
Lol

Doesnt matter where Tresh throws the lantern, the important is where his position so when you click on it you will teleport to TRESH POSITION.

I always explain at the beginning to everyone. It helps a lot.
---
Stand tall and shake the heavens! - Xenogears