I've been thinking about the ninjas . . . *more of a lore topic for the most par

#1natchu96Posted 5/1/2013 6:48:33 AM
They use energy instead of mana, so what do their seemingly supernatural abilities count as? Magic? Ki attacks? Martial arts with special effects? They're training ninjas to generate shields around allies over long distances, teleport, supercharge their attacks, and generate lightning with that energy they are using (and one monk to dash around and shoot intense sound waves from his fists. Possibly to echolocate for that dash followup).

On a more semi-gameplay note, Kennen sort of makes sense as an AP Carry with his builds, with the lightning and all, but Shen and Akali both use melee attacks as their main offense, yet mainly use ability power, which comes from items normally made to amplify the power of magic-using champions. While Zed, who can channel energy to bring shadows to life at will with his abilities from a distance and attack with them, builds physical attack damage.

Valoran is weird.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#2Dynasty_VicPosted 5/1/2013 6:49:30 AM
I find it weird that shen can tank.
---
Taking the Dustiflier easily for KH 358/2 Days :http://youtu.be/XH6LFvUVrjM
#3lightdragoon88Posted 5/1/2013 6:50:38 AM
Chakra.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#4natchu96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:55:07 AM
Dynasty_Vic posted...
I find it weird that shen can tank.

Some ninjas have served as bodyguards in history, apparently. Some also simply sabotaged places or spied on people. They weren't all assassins.

On the other hand, they have historically also relied on teamwork to get things done, so the hidden passive on the ninjas doesn't entirely make sense.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#5shinigami_matt(Moderator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:55:34 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
Chakra.

This. Or maybe just magic. Zed uses shadow magic, so I assume the others use magic as well. Energy and mana bars are just gameplay things. Akali doesn't need magic to spin her weapons or throw a shuriken for example.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#6xMrShadowPosted 5/1/2013 6:56:31 AM
It's chakra of course...

Kenen - Chidori! Kirin!
Zed - Kage bunshin no jutsu! (Shadow clone jutsu)
Shen - Hiraishin no Jutsu! (Flying thunder god)
Akali - Hidden Mist Jutsu!
---
3DS Friend Code - 4811-6938-3649 Pkmn Black 2 2452-2591-2605 NID - Mr.Shadow
PSN/XBL - xMrShadowZ
#7natchu96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 7:03:25 AM
shinigami_matt posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
Chakra.

This. Or maybe just magic. Zed uses shadow magic, so I assume the others use magic as well. Energy and mana bars are just gameplay things. Akali doesn't need magic to spin her weapons or throw a shuriken for example.

Guess you have a point with the two bars. Some champs use seemingly supernatural attacks without any bar at all, some can empower themselves with blind fury, and for some reason Kha'Zix needs mana to shoot spikes from his shoulders (though who even trusts Void anatomy anyway).

I make it a point to occasionally tell people that no matter what Naruto says, that's not what the word Chakra means.

The thing with Zed's shadow magic, is why on earth does shadow magic use attack damage, but Akali kicking you with her ult, throwing her weapon, and even autoattacking use ability power (which we normally see with magic-based champion skills)?

Gameplay and story segregation, I know, but it's kind of weird.
---
#8Waluigi1Posted 5/1/2013 9:27:40 AM
Ninjitsu, duh!
---
PSO is teh best!