Can some explain lifesteal vs spellvamp

#11angermngment101Posted 5/1/2013 7:26:30 AM
spell vamp : a percentage of the damage your magical spell did will come back to you in healing

Or physical spell.
---
Gamefax
#12angermngment101Posted 5/1/2013 7:26:48 AM
Spellvamp converts magic damage.

Oh my god im getting tired of the ignorance.
---
Gamefax
#13nomorePosted 5/1/2013 7:28:26 AM
Basically as already said, lifesteal is auto attacks.
speel vamp is abilities (physical or magic).

the exception is speels which trigger on-hit effects. Like Ezreals Q or gangplanks Q. They are lifesteal too.
#14KajeIPosted 5/1/2013 7:31:33 AM
Spellvamp heals you off of non autoattack damage. Abilities that aren't autoattack modifiers like Ashe W or Ashe ult.

Lifesteal heals off of autoattacks and things that share that classification or reset your AA. Nasus Q or Shyvana Q, or Garen Q for example.
---
GT:Amaideus.
Psn:Asetrisk.
#15kidcrumbPosted 5/1/2013 7:32:56 AM
So does Varus get spellvamp due to his Blight per hit? It deals magic damage.
---
HAF 922 - i7 920 Nehalem @ 4.0 Ghz - 12GB DDR3 Patriot 1600mhz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - EVGA GTX 580 3GB - Cooler Master 850W
#16easymodexzPosted 5/1/2013 7:34:25 AM
nomore posted...
Basically as already said, lifesteal is auto attacks.
speel vamp is abilities (physical or magic).

the exception is speels which trigger on-hit effects. Like Ezreals Q or gangplanks Q. They are lifesteal too.

This.

I'll reiterate in the vain hope that people will be less clueless: lifesteal works on autoattacks or abilities that execute on-hit effects (lifesteal is an on-hit effect).

Spellvamp converts active ability damage to health. Only part I'm not sure about is whether that works for true damage as well (Olaf's dunk). Probably does, may not.
#17HonzouPosted 5/1/2013 7:40:50 AM
kidcrumb posted...
So does Varus get spellvamp due to his Blight per hit? It deals magic damage.

Blight's passive effect doesn't proc spell vamp. I think the active does though.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#18easymodexzPosted 5/1/2013 7:43:25 AM
Varus' W has no active ability.

Hit Q and E will heal based on spellvamp for the direct ability damage only.
#19Black_AssassinPosted 5/1/2013 7:48:00 AM
easymodexz posted...
Spellvamp converts active ability damage to health. Only part I'm not sure about is whether that works for true damage as well (Olaf's dunk). Probably does, may not.

It does. Spellvamp works on smite even.
---
lowercase
#20easymodexzPosted 5/1/2013 7:52:23 AM
Ah right I forgot about the Smite thing.

I remember when people originally complained about spellvamp because you could smite a creep and get a visible bit of HP back.