PBE Patch Notes - 05/01/2013

#71easymodexzPosted 5/2/2013 7:02:40 AM(edited)
Galio changes are a buff. With moderate CDR he can have perma movespeed boost for his team. A small ratio nerf for a major base cooldown buff and easier mana strain is a buff.

Varus nerfs are necessary -- Varus is OP. Hail of Arrows great damage and is way too easy to land AND applies a persistent AOE slow field AND heal debuff. Areyousrs.

They buffed his Q though, so his overall power level is probably same-ish. He will be less able to abuse lanephase.

Edit:

Nunu changes aren't really a buff. They nerfed his heal significantly and had to do something with the rest of his kit. Personally I think it's silly that they associated the buffs with jungle creeps specifically.
#72MMG_Posted 5/2/2013 7:05:38 AM
Damn dat Lux nerf WTF.
---
When I'm drunk I like to feed the trolls.
[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]|||||||||||||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
#73NicoGrimmPosted 5/2/2013 7:17:23 AM
Aren't Galio's change only a buff if you're able to use the spell on CD? How often does that really happen? If ever? You almost always have to reposition.
I'd much rather have a high burst spell.
---
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.
#74gallantknightPosted 5/2/2013 8:01:14 AM
Heavily nerfing two of Regi's main champions prior to second split
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#75TomorrowDogPosted 5/2/2013 8:31:33 AM
If an ability gets rebalanced, and it is worse than before even if it has some bonuses attached, it is still a nerf.

I bet you feel god-damn proud for thinking that one out.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#76easymodexzPosted 5/2/2013 8:39:56 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
Aren't Galio's change only a buff if you're able to use the spell on CD? How often does that really happen? If ever? You almost always have to reposition.
I'd much rather have a high burst spell.

Galio uses his spells to help farm in lane. A lower mana cost helps that significantly.

He also uses his spells to support his team. A lower cooldown helps that significantly.

He loses some burst, but given that he's a tank, I don't really see why that's a problem. The changes basically make him better at what he's actually good at -- helping his team.

Sidenote:

As a general example, I actually had a Galio in 2 games last night (I was surprised). In any case, he built a Chalice as is typical. With the mana cost changes, yo olde Galio player doesn't really need to pick up the Chalice necessarily, and can beeline other major items instead, while still maintaining reasonable farm in lane.
#77rawchiefPosted 5/2/2013 8:53:22 AM(edited)
After doing the math and thinking about it, I like the changes for Galio.

The damage nerf on his Q sucks only for poke comps that don't get very long to poke. The CD reduction is nice though and since Galios worth their salt have 40%CDR, his Q will be at 3 seconds versus the old 4.2 seconds. Overall, it is a damage buff for both tank Galio and AP Galio.

Example math with 3 assumptions:
1. You hit all of your Q's.
2. Max CDR
3. You have 100AP (shouldn't be a problem)
Assuming your engagement lasts 17 seconds (this timing benefits the old Q the most) You will get 4 of the old Q's in versus 5 of the new Q's.
Old Q - 300+60=360 *4=1,440 damage over 17 seconds.
New Q - 260+50=310 *5=1,550 damage over 17 seconds. (if you hit that 18 second mark, it becomes 1,860)

The mana reduction is meh. Chalice is core and he usually doesn't have mana issues unless he is poking non-stop.

The reduction on the slow is a nerf but is necessary given the potential up time on the Q with the new CD on the Q.

Now to just buff the projectile speed a bit for that Q and give him +1.15 mres per level like the other tanks.

Edit: This buff isn't helping your teams movespeed. His Q applies a slow debuff. Righteous Gust is what applies the team movespeed.
#78wehomiesPosted 5/2/2013 8:50:16 AM
patch rolled back
we don't know if they will happen but knowing riot
they will