Just played katarina for the first time

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Just played katarina for the first time

User Info: Brutal_Felix

Brutal_Felix
3 years ago#1
2 quads and 3 triples. Beginners luck or is this typical Kat play? I built her pure ap which is prob wrong but worked out for me.
Steam ID: Brutal_Felix
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970

User Info: Dragonfable101

Dragonfable101
3 years ago#2
If you're good at kat playing against bad people that's usually how it goes.
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus

User Info: MizunoRyuu

MizunoRyuu
3 years ago#3
Pure AP is better than it used to be before her rework when Q and R scaled decently with AD. I'm pretty sure I remember both spells dealing more damage with an AD build than with AP, at the cost of E being weak as hell.
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...

User Info: Xialoh

Xialoh
3 years ago#4
Just played her first time as well, in an ARAM. 11//6/21, not bad, but not as good as our Vayne who did the same but with 21 kills and 11 less assists I suppose she's kind of fun.
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

User Info: xSighx

xSighx
3 years ago#5
Katarina is very easy to get multikills with. Doubles and even Triples are fairly standard. Quadras, a little bit rarer, but well within the realm of possibility. Pentas? I don't have numbers but I'm guessing she's one of the easiest if not THE easiest champ to get pentas with.

As far as how you build her - Her AP ratios are somewhat poor for her bread and butter spells (QW) so I prefer to build early MPen and get a little bit of AP later in the game. Survivability is also crucial. I generally don't like GA that much but it is really strong on Katarina in conjunction with ZA to wait for cooldowns.

My standard build:

Start: Wards and Pots
Early: Haunting Guise or Abyssal Scepter (if you are worried about magic damage. I usually build this if I'm in lane against someone like Akali)
Core: Sorcerer's Shoes, Zhonya's Hourglass, Haunting Guise

Late Game:
Sorc Shoes
Zhonya's Hourglass
Void Staff
Rabadon's Deathcap
Warmog's Armor
Wards (If your team is doing a really good job of warding, I'd get GA...but usually I am the only one who is actively trying to maintain vision)
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Just played katarina for the first time

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived