Just played katarina for the first time

#1Brutal_FelixPosted 5/2/2013 6:12:41 PM
2 quads and 3 triples. Beginners luck or is this typical Kat play? I built her pure ap which is prob wrong but worked out for me.
---
Steam ID: Brutal_Felix
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
#2Dragonfable101Posted 5/2/2013 6:13:17 PM
If you're good at kat playing against bad people that's usually how it goes.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#3MizunoRyuuPosted 5/2/2013 6:42:52 PM
Pure AP is better than it used to be before her rework when Q and R scaled decently with AD. I'm pretty sure I remember both spells dealing more damage with an AD build than with AP, at the cost of E being weak as hell.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#4XialohPosted 5/2/2013 6:52:46 PM(edited)
Just played her first time as well, in an ARAM. 11//6/21, not bad, but not as good as our Vayne who did the same but with 21 kills and 11 less assists I suppose she's kind of fun.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#5xSighxPosted 5/2/2013 7:18:59 PM
Katarina is very easy to get multikills with. Doubles and even Triples are fairly standard. Quadras, a little bit rarer, but well within the realm of possibility. Pentas? I don't have numbers but I'm guessing she's one of the easiest if not THE easiest champ to get pentas with.

As far as how you build her - Her AP ratios are somewhat poor for her bread and butter spells (QW) so I prefer to build early MPen and get a little bit of AP later in the game. Survivability is also crucial. I generally don't like GA that much but it is really strong on Katarina in conjunction with ZA to wait for cooldowns.

My standard build:

Start: Wards and Pots
Early: Haunting Guise or Abyssal Scepter (if you are worried about magic damage. I usually build this if I'm in lane against someone like Akali)
Core: Sorcerer's Shoes, Zhonya's Hourglass, Haunting Guise

Late Game:
Sorc Shoes
Zhonya's Hourglass
Void Staff
Rabadon's Deathcap
Warmog's Armor
Wards (If your team is doing a really good job of warding, I'd get GA...but usually I am the only one who is actively trying to maintain vision)