J4 Jangle Item

#11Slayn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 6:42:57 AM
This is how every game goes:

Anyone planning on building an aegis?

*crickets*

Ok....
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#12shadyelfPosted 5/3/2013 6:44:18 AM
madreds is way too good. Unless you wanna use his abilities to clear (which kills his mana)
---
?
#13omega bahumatPosted 5/3/2013 6:52:00 AM
zeppelin312 posted...
it really depends on the game you are in
#14FlareZeroPosted 5/3/2013 6:54:31 AM
Slayn posted...
This is how every game goes:

Anyone planning on building an aegis?

*crickets*

Ok....

Well, I guess it can't be helped then. I suggest Madred if you have to get Aegis though. You'll notice a huge clear time improvement and the extra armor makes you take less damage as you go along your routes. Then you can counter jungle wraith/golems easily before the enemy even notices where you are for extra gold.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#15LaveronxPosted 5/3/2013 6:56:16 AM
Madred's for him is almost required, because his mid game clears are ridiculously slow unless you're building early damage which only happens if you're that far ahead.
---
Story of my life: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/367svi/
LoL IGN: Laveron
#16omega bahumatPosted 5/3/2013 6:59:13 AM
FlareZero posted...
Slayn posted...
It seems like I always have to rush bulwark because no one else takes it... :(

Have you tried communicating? Sometimes if I play support, my jungler grabs it so I take Locket instead and vice-versa. I just ask if they have any intention on building it in case the enemy AP starts to get out of control. Remember, it's a rush item but it's core. You have to grab it eventually but there's no point in pumping it out early if there's only one enemy AP and he's struggling. Stop at Aegis and start something else and make the final upgrade to Bulwark when you start noticing magic damage is hurting your team.

I always build Aegis if the enemy AP gets fed or if there is multiple AP damage sources (especially if there is a lux/leona support) regardless of whether or not someone else already built it.

One, if two of us have it we both get an extra 30 MR and HP regen for sieges
Two, if one of us dies in a teamfight our team isn't screwed.

It's one of the things that bothers me about solo queue.

Hey Jangler r u planning on building 'x'?

No dumb ass, I don't know what I'm building yet because it's 2 minutes into the game and by the grace of god one of you numbskulls hasn't died yet. Ask me again in 10 minutes when you MIGHT be able to think about grabbing components for Aegis over your more important laning items and the game has progressed to a state where I MIGHT know what I'm getting for the first three major item purchases.

Of course I don't actually respond like that, but I want to. People don't understand that you have to be flexible in your builds. On Jarvan I've gone everything from Madreds first back to phage. It all depends on what I need for winning my teams lanes or countering the opposing junglers. I also set up for teamfights (such as when my team *****ed me out for 'ks'ing them when Lee Sin got fed because we weren't responding correctly). We lost lane won game because I itemized like a mutha ****er to beat their team. Boy did they rage at their jungler and I let Lee know it was his fault for not spending his gold more wisely. (started 7/1 as lee sin ended 8/9 throughout teamfights)
#17omega bahumatPosted 5/3/2013 7:00:04 AM
championxxx posted...
Madred's for him is almost required, because his mid game clears are ridiculously slow unless you're building early damage which only happens if you're that far ahead.

Spirit of the Lizard Elder is basically madreds.

45 AD and an extra 8 Burn by the point that you can purchase it.
#18FlareZeroPosted 5/3/2013 8:20:57 AM
omega bahumat posted...
championxxx posted...

Spirit of the Lizard Elder is basically madreds.

45 AD and an extra 8 Burn by the point that you can purchase it.

The problem I have is that Madred is more than sufficient and it's only 700g compared to 2000g for Elder Lizard. It's just my own preference to get started on core items sooner.

And you should at least get some communication going so you know who'll pick up the auras. Nothing worse than trying to build your own Jarvan and then realize nobody is going to pick up Aegis. You end up starting to build it later than you'd like and maybe it won't even be completed by mid game when you need it. I've had more than enough games where aura items were split between a top bruiser, jungler and support so it's nice to know where each item is going.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#19Lord_WoobiePosted 5/3/2013 9:09:54 AM
I like Lizard Elder because it can be my only damage item until late game, and I'll still end up doing a lot of damage with it. Building madreds makes me feel like I do no damage even when I'm J4, outside of jungle camps of course.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!