So why is Nasus so strong all of a sudden?

#1Mike__DawsonPosted 5/3/2013 2:27:53 AM
I remember the good times when he lost every match up in lane ever, and now he's stomping (nearly) everyone up there effortlessly.

What happened?
---
Ring Toss Champion since 1995
http://i.imgur.com/dxNie.gif
#2Ultraknight64Posted 5/3/2013 2:34:11 AM
He stomps lane? I usually never see him stomp lane without outside help.

What happens is that it is very difficult to stop him from farming, and if you take your eye off him for a few seconds he can rush through and take tower in seconds.

It's very hard to stop him from scaling into lategame as a beast.
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
<Official topic-ender of GameFAQs>
#3Fenrir the WolfPosted 5/3/2013 2:41:47 AM
What happened is that people stopped putting him in lane.

You see, they buffed his Q such that it gets double stacks if you kill cannon minions, big jungle monsters, dragon/baron, and champs. So suddenly, Nasus had a way to get decent Q stacks while avoiding the problems of lane matchups entirely. Not that his jungling strictly focuses on stacking Q, but the bonus is much appreciated. On top of that, he now gets 100 more cast range on W and E when he's ulted, which gives him better teamfight presence overall.

Then with Nasus free to run around in the evil forest, he could farm up some and also use Whither for ganks, which is pretty freakin' brutal even after the nerf on its attackspeed reduction. He also has excellent dragon control since you can solo it as soon as you hit lv6. His ult tears through it pretty fast. The S3 itemization favored his jungle as well, since aegis and locket pretty much have you set for life.

Top lane Nasus still has his place (and it's a bigger place than most people give him credit for, really), but his jungle is really strong right now since it can leverage his strengths throughout the game and not just after the 40 minute mark.
---
And then John was a zombie.