Some leadership advice?

#1NewniePosted 5/4/2013 12:37:18 AM
Need a little guidance guys. Well to start out im a Kayle player. I just played a game where my other two team mates sat at base the whole game defending it. And I tried to explain and ask them why were they not pushing. The game dragged on and I got to the point where I realised the enemy team were just farming us for kills and toying with us.

I mean these guys were literally ganking us at every turn and every time it happened my team mates were nowhere to be found. Can't remember all the other characters, but I remember the enemy team having olaf. At that time, I took it to myself to just do it alone, sneak into their base, use the other two team mates as distractions and f* s*** up.

We eventually lost, and I had talked to one of the enemy team mates, he told me i took pushing to the extreme, but in my defense, I wasn't willing to lose and my team mates were a lil on the un-cooperative side. So i ask you guys, how could I have handled the situation better for next time?
---
NNID/GT/PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.
#2FlareZeroPosted 5/4/2013 12:38:26 AM
Buy wards.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#3Lord_WoobiePosted 5/4/2013 12:55:11 AM
Depends on who was farming and how effectively they were farming/defending the base.

If your team is way behind, stalling and farming may be about your only hope of catching up for late game team fights. Not guaranteed to work, but it's something to work with.

Trying to back door is a pretty desperate move, and Kayle's probably not the best champ to try it with. Someone like Kassadin or Twisted Fate could do it much better. Even so, without somewhat significant damage and/or minion pressure, your hopes of doing it are pretty slim. You shouldn't plan to back door unless a) there's no other way of winning, or b) you can exert significant enough pressure that you'll draw their team back to base from across the map.

It's something that requires a huge amount of teamwork, map awareness on your part, little map awareness on their part, and the right mechanical circumstances (your inhibs are up so their base won't spawn Super Minions and ruin your day, for example; no Nexus turrets up at their base, etc.).

As for Split Pushing, again, it's not something you should attempt if they're really far ahead because literally nothing is stopping them from engaging your base in a 5v4 and finishing you then and there. If you can exert significant enough pressure for them to return to base, then good job - you just bought a little extra time. It won't necessarily get you a win though.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#4Newnie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 1:19:13 AM
Lord_Woobie posted...
Depends on who was farming and how effectively they were farming/defending the base.

If your team is way behind, stalling and farming may be about your only hope of catching up for late game team fights. Not guaranteed to work, but it's something to work with.

Trying to back door is a pretty desperate move, and Kayle's probably not the best champ to try it with. Someone like Kassadin or Twisted Fate could do it much better. Even so, without somewhat significant damage and/or minion pressure, your hopes of doing it are pretty slim. You shouldn't plan to back door unless a) there's no other way of winning, or b) you can exert significant enough pressure that you'll draw their team back to base from across the map.

It's something that requires a huge amount of teamwork, map awareness on your part, little map awareness on their part, and the right mechanical circumstances (your inhibs are up so their base won't spawn Super Minions and ruin your day, for example; no Nexus turrets up at their base, etc.).

As for Split Pushing, again, it's not something you should attempt if they're really far ahead because literally nothing is stopping them from engaging your base in a 5v4 and finishing you then and there. If you can exert significant enough pressure for them to return to base, then good job - you just bought a little extra time. It won't necessarily get you a win though.

Thanks for the heads up, I got something to work with now.
---
NNID/GT/PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.