Runes for Sejuani?

#1Chrikke666Posted 5/5/2013 3:48:34 PM
I played a game with her earlier today and did very well, but her early jungling still felt very wonky. The runepage I used gives 34 armor and 24 magic resist at level 18. 9/21/0 masteries.

Or is there really no real fix for it? I went for Spirit Stone + Philo + Ninja Tabi and that made it somewhat manageable, but it's still a ridiculous set of items in order to stay topped up for doing wolves and wraiths.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#2EcchiBakaPosted 5/5/2013 4:31:22 PM
Sejuani's earlygame clears were always wonky, the rework didn't change that much either. I will say you can get Wolves and Ancient Golem without a leash but that requires a good bit of your potions and smiting blue.

For runes I go AS Marks, Armor Seals, MRes/lvl Glpyhs, and MS Quints. It compliments my 2/7/21 Masteries so I can get around the map faster and assist lanes.

All in all, don't worry about farming jungle with Sejuani. I've noticed that it's a bit time consuming to clear jungle with her weakened W and it takes a while to take out the big creeps, something I generally won't bother with unless I have Smite and just knock it out of the way. I don't know if I should invest a bit of AP into her rune page or it's just that way until I get some AP or items in game, but either way it's easy to end up underleveled due to not farming enough.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://imgur.com/S7xE8s9
#3BiglabronPosted 5/5/2013 4:37:55 PM(edited)
atk speed marks
move speed or flat health quints

rest are typical runes.

Flat health quints give her early tankiness while upping her early dmg output. Move speed tells what it does, your choice.

Also, stop getting regen jungle items on her. She has an auto attack reset on W and a passive armor buff. Madreds razor lets her clear each camp in roughly 3 seconds while staying nearly full life. Seriously, Try Madreds over the regen jungle items. Auto/W/auto and watch the camp get wiped out.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#4EcchiBakaPosted 5/5/2013 4:35:31 PM
Biglabron posted...
atk speed marks

rest are typical runes.

Flat health quints give her early tankiness while upping her early dmg output. Move speed tells what it does, your choice.

Also, stop getting regen jungle items on her. She has an auto attack reset on W and a passive armor buff. Madreds razor lets her clear each champ in roughly 3 seconds while staying nearly full life.

No.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://imgur.com/S7xE8s9
#5BiglabronPosted 5/5/2013 4:36:00 PM
KloudtheYoukai posted...
Biglabron posted...
atk speed marks

rest are typical runes.

Also, stop getting regen jungle items on her. She has an auto attack reset on W and a passive armor buff. Madreds razor lets her clear each champ in roughly 3 seconds while staying nearly full life.

No.

Try it you stubborn kid.
---
#6Chrikke666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 4:41:05 PM
There's no way you're gonna sell me an item that has no decent upgrade path. Heck I just said I use a 34 armor runepage and my health still dropped. I'd much rather take the regen and build versatility over the 20 or so armor and lotto clears that the Razor offers.
---
#7BiglabronPosted 5/5/2013 4:45:10 PM(edited)
Chrikke666 posted...
I played a game with her earlier today and did very well, but her early jungling still felt very wonky. The runepage I used gives 34 armor and 24 magic resist at level 18. 9/21/0 masteries.

Or is there really no real fix for it? I went for Spirit Stone + Philo + Ninja Tabi and that made it somewhat manageable, but it's still a ridiculous set of items in order to stay topped up for doing wolves and wraiths.

What you are wanting is faster clears, Sejuani has an armor passive now. With Madreds she gets even more armor taking minimum dmg in the jungle. If you take defensive masteries and atk speed marks she will clear camps instantly if you use the auto attack reset function on her W. You can get a philo if you want the shurellya or just go to a sight stone/dorans shield.

if I am looking for strong early ganks my first back is madreds and dorans shield purchases.

Try it and see if im giving you a load of bull. You are underestimating how fast she clears with W on little creeps. The madreds will proc one to two times and you're done with the camp. You do realize the faster you clear the camp the less dmg you take right? When you clear the camp instantly you take minimum dmg while healing a small portion thanks to the big creep giving free health and mana.

Kids these days won't listen even when they ask for advice man, crazy.
---
#8Chrikke666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 4:51:47 PM
Faster clears, sure. Not when it gimps me in other spots. Attack speed isn't going to help me once I'm past level 8 or so. You're even given counterarguments for attack speed yourself; her W resets her attack timer. Minimal, but it does reduce their effectiveness.

If I can build an item that gives me faster clears but builds into one with tenacity, health (on a champion that scales terrifically with it), and cooldown reduction, you're mad if I think I will buy it.

The only suggestion I've seen in this thread so far to pad her early game jungling are the flat health quints. I'll have to save up and look into those. The only suggestion that stays relevant all game at least.

If I'm to follow certain people advice in here I'll end up with a 30% AS/13 armor runepage.
---
#9BiglabronPosted 5/5/2013 4:57:23 PM
Chrikke666 posted...
Faster clears, sure. Not when it gimps me in other spots. Attack speed isn't going to help me once I'm past level 8 or so. You're even given counterarguments for attack speed yourself; her W resets her attack timer. Minimal, but it does reduce their effectiveness.

If I can build an item that gives me faster clears but builds into one with tenacity, health (on a champion that scales terrifically with it), and cooldown reduction, you're mad if I think I will buy it.

The only suggestion I've seen in this thread so far to pad her early game jungling are the flat health quints. I'll have to save up and look into those. The only suggestion that stays relevant all game at least.

If I'm to follow certain people advice in here I'll end up with a 30% AS/13 armor runepage.

Believe what you will then, clearly you are just wanting to hear 100% improvement over what in your mind is the ideal build. Don't ask for help if you can't comprehend game flow.
---
#10Chrikke666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 4:59:28 PM
Biglabron posted...

Believe what you will then, clearly you are just wanting to hear 100% improvement over what in your mind is the ideal build. Don't ask for help if you can't comprehend game flow.

I seem to understand it better than you considering I will go for the versatile item every time.
---