ARAM Top 30 official tier list

#51Marauder64Posted 5/6/2013 11:00:16 AM
er....where's Miss Fortune?
---
The code of the elitist: If people like it, it sucks. : Sinix.
PSN: Gridmac
#52thecrossnkightPosted 5/6/2013 11:00:52 AM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
With the exception of Galio and Blitzcrank this list is a bunch of super squishy mages. Get a team of 5 of those and you're as good as dead.

Tanky champions with CC paired with 2-3 squishy damage dealers (preferably with poke) win ARAMs. Amumu especially.

No, if you take the top 5 from my list, tanky CC can't even approach effectively without getting completely shut down. Amumu trying to bandage toss would simply get tornadoed before doing anything, then snared + burst.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#53Airborne_GnorcPosted 5/6/2013 11:01:48 AM
With the exception of Galio and Blitzcrank this list is a bunch of super squishy mages. Get a team of 5 of those and you're as good as dead.

Tanky champions with CC paired with 2-3 squishy damage dealers (preferably with poke) win ARAMs. Amumu especially.

Alistar is the freaking bane of my existence in ARAM for this exact reason.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UpJysyQ.jpg
#54Frost_shock_FTWPosted 5/6/2013 11:12:23 AM
From: thecrossnkight | Posted: 5/6/2013 3:00:52 PM | #052
No, if you take the top 5 from my list, tanky CC can't even approach effectively without getting completely shut down. Amumu trying to bandage toss would simply get tornadoed before doing anything, then snared + burst.

Clearly you've never been hard engaged on in an ARAM. Have fun dealing with Maokai, Pantheon, Shen, Volibear...
---
It was his hat Mr. Krabs, HE WAS NUMBER ONE!
Contacts in Profile
#55The-World-Seven(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:36:10 AM
thecrossnkight posted...
I would put top ten as

1. Heimerdinger: Can stonewall against 3 champs easily, heals turret + entire team, crazy poke.
2. Ziggs: Most spammy damaging poke in the game, great zoning, awesome aoe damage
3. Lux: AoE shield, snare to set up initiations, strong aoe poke
4. Janna: Great counter engage, easy pressure, excellent heal, passive doesnt hurt
5. Anivia: Incredible zoning, great DPS, alright poke that can set up initiation
6. Lissandra: THE intiator. Strong poke
7. Sona: Teamwide auras, heals, alright poke, great intiation ult.
8. Nasus: Built AP farms creeps (and forces enemies under tower) like no other. Q for lichbane, R for AoE % dmg
9. Xerath: Godlike poke, though little else
10. Nidalee: Strong poke, hard to catch, heals for teammates, bush control.

Champs I feel dont quite make it but should be top 20: Soraka, Viktor, Ashe, Trist, Karthus, Kayle

I tend to prioritize: Anti push > AoE teamsupport > Poke > intiation set up/initiation > CC/Zoning > DPS

I'm really not sure how you'd beat team of the top 5... The AOE poke would drop anyone from 100-0 from out of range, anivia + janna would stop any and all initiation, and heimer can just stop pushes all day unless you kill the other four with 0 casualties.

I like it.

Sorry to everyone having difficulty narrowing things down to a top 10. You need to make choices, and I know it's hard.

To reiterate, this isn't actually a tier list, nor does this take into account any team composition.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
#56lordlugia_rocksPosted 5/6/2013 11:50:50 AM
No Nami? She's amazing in ARAM solid heal that is bound to bounce between targets, a strong ult, and her stun is awesome in ARAM it's pretty eay to land.

She's not spectacular in Summoner's Rift but she's downright amazing in ARAM
---
Official Shiftry of the B/W Boards!
Pokemon Black FC: 2709-1474-4073
#57OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 5/6/2013 11:58:05 AM
Swain is GOD TIER on ARAM

His snare and ult are absolutely ****ing nasty on this teamfight-centric map
---
You're not even strong enough to kill my boredom
#58The-World-Seven(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:19:51 PM
Honestly I don't know what to do with suggestions if they don't also include what to replace in the top 30. Even if I do form an idea of who they should replace, did you?
---
#59MeddIerPosted 5/6/2013 12:44:16 PM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
From: thecrossnkight | Posted: 5/6/2013 3:00:52 PM | #052

Clearly you've never been hard engaged on in an ARAM. Have fun dealing with Maokai, Pantheon, Shen, Volibear...

Hard engage against JUST a good anivia on the opponents team is a death wish, you add janna, lux, heimerdinger and ziggs and you'd get aced without 1 of them dead. Their combined ability to kite is way to much for any team to handle.
---
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1318/wqypl.jpg
#60The-World-Seven(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:49:19 PM
^ i like it.
---