Why do people call 'carry' only to ranged DPS champions?

#1yourDaddiePosted 5/6/2013 6:46:02 AM
WHen in Tanky DPS bruisers tend to carry games more often, and also tryndamere and Yi are also ADcs

Why not change or naming conventions?
---
I am your father
#2SorrySleepingPosted 5/6/2013 6:51:35 AM
Because it is what Riot calls them.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#3Sexy_L4DYPosted 5/6/2013 6:52:53 AM
I've had a Wukong single handily carry our whole match.
#4tranquilizerrrPosted 5/6/2013 7:10:42 AM
Because it's just what people think.

Riot calls Trynd and ADC in their tags, pretty sure Yi is too.
---
Talk is cheap.
#5DartkunPosted 5/6/2013 7:12:28 AM
We could call them MADC and RADC as well but really now, do we really need to be adding more letters to that.

We used to just call them ADs or Carries before, and now they had to be classified ADCs.

How about Squishy Long Range Attack Damage Champions. SLRADCs which I will be calling them from now on.
---
Gamer Logic - Anyone worse is a noob, anyone better is a tryhard /v/irgin
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#6yourDaddie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 7:13:12 AM
tranquilizerrr posted...

Yeah but some people dont cal tryn and Yi ADCs even than they are
---
I am your father
#7yourDaddie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 7:15:28 AM
Dartkun posted...
We could call them MADC and RADC as well but really now, do we really need to be adding more letters to that.

We used to just call them ADs or Carries before, and now they had to be classified ADCs.

How about Squishy Long Range Attack Damage Champions. SLRADCs which I will be calling them from now on.

Just ADs would be pertect since they aren't trully carries, Karthus and Jax are more of a carry than almost any ranged ADC
---
I am your father
#8tranquilizerrrPosted 5/6/2013 7:17:52 AM(edited)
yourDaddie posted...
tranquilizerrr posted...

And I just said that's down to misconceptions. No really specific reason other than the current meta and how people perceive it.

yourDaddie posted...
Just ADs would be pertect since they aren't trully carries, Karthus and Jax are more of a carry than almost any ranged ADC

Yeah that's why we call them APCs lol.
---
Talk is cheap.
#9Rookie_JetPosted 5/6/2013 7:20:12 AM
I think most people acknowledge there are ranged ADCs and melee ADCs. It's just that melee ADCs aren't in the best place right now so most people default to ranged when talking about picking one.

As far as the term "carry", most people are talking about having a very high damage output late game. ADCs scale very well into late game while their early game usually suffers.

It also seems to be a thing on this board to use "carry" to use your leadership and communication skills to coach the team through the game to victory. That also makes sense to me.
#10KlobziPosted 5/6/2013 7:21:26 AM
yourDaddie posted...
tranquilizerrr posted...

Because it could be slightly confusing. ''ADC'' is usually associated with the bot lane. Tryn and Yi can't really function in bot lane against a Caitlyn for example. They are definitely carries for sure, they have a pretty weak early game but can wreck late game.
Late game Tryn is especially funny when you can 2 hit kill any squishy.