Recovering from a bad start with Riven?

#1contownPosted 5/6/2013 8:47:15 PM
I play a lot of Riven, and I've noticed that if I have a bad start, whether it's because the enemy jungler likes me too much, I have a bad matchup, or I'm just not playing well, I'm completely screwed and can't help my team much later in the game. I hear that's pretty much Riven's biggest weakness, or at least one of them.

What's a good way to come back from a bad start? Aside from praying for a lucky shutdown and triple kill or something.
#2HeartlessCharmsPosted 5/6/2013 8:48:30 PM
It's so difficult :(
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#3AverageGatsbyPosted 5/6/2013 8:49:18 PM
Farm harder.
#4zeppelin312Posted 5/6/2013 8:52:02 PM
if you can make plays elsewhere on the map you can accrue some gold for your team, and yourself

if all else fails, just farm up as much as you can, and stick to peeling for your carries in fights.
#5contown(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 8:54:18 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
stick to peeling for your carries in fights.

Feel free to call me a noob, but I'm not exactly familiar with that term. Do you mean pretty much playing bodyguard for my ADC/whoever's carrying?
#6pacman382Posted 5/6/2013 8:57:24 PM
Beg the enemy team for free kills, abandon your team for a little while and just farm like crazy, or stay useful by split-pushing when possible.
#7HeartlessCharmsPosted 5/6/2013 9:00:24 PM
contown posted...
zeppelin312 posted...
stick to peeling for your carries in fights.

Feel free to call me a noob, but I'm not exactly familiar with that term. Do you mean pretty much playing bodyguard for my ADC/whoever's carrying?

To my knowledge, but I could be wrong, it means to pretty much weaken the enemies before they get to your adc.
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#8LANKAI09Posted 5/6/2013 9:03:04 PM
Peeling basically means keeping the brusiers and APC's off of your ADC
#9DartkunPosted 5/6/2013 9:04:29 PM
Peeling means when the enemies want to attack your Attack Damage Carry (Your squishy ranged Attack Damage champion) you try to stop them. Riven has a couple of ways to make sure that when people try to hit your ADC you can stop them like the Knock Back from the third Broken Wings or the Stun off of Ki Burst.
---
Gamer Logic - Anyone worse is a noob, anyone better is a tryhard /v/irgin
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#10hockeydude15Posted 5/6/2013 9:04:54 PM
Peeling basically means keeping the brusiers and APC's off of your ADC

Basically that. Keep in mind you don't have to kill them, just CC them long enough so that your ADC can.
---
Yawn