Blocking installing League of Legends

#1HoBoSPosted 5/7/2013 7:06:24 AM
Long story short, I need to know how I can block the installation of League of Legends on a computer. I do not want to restrict any other programs from being installed. Is there any way to do this without fully locking down the system? Or is there something I can do to stop the program from running if it is installed?
---
" yes you are [an alcoholic], you're just on sabbatical" -Starfirepenguin
#2NicoGrimmPosted 5/7/2013 7:07:53 AM
You probably have to set something in the firewall. I dunno.
---
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.
#3MastadiPosted 5/7/2013 7:08:13 AM
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to block it in your firewall. It won't stop it from actually running, but you won't be able to log in at all.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#4Unit1027Posted 5/7/2013 7:08:27 AM
No
#5AphoristicPosted 5/7/2013 7:10:52 AM
You would need to set up the whole admin account that controls a PC, which would prevent installation of any program without admin permission (password).

I'm sure there is a way to block just one specific program, but it would be far more technical.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#6HoBoS(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 7:17:53 AM
Mastadi posted...
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to block it in your firewall. It won't stop it from actually running, but you won't be able to log in at all.

Do you have any advice for how to do this? I found the page for the firewall configurations on the League of Legends site... if I block the ports required for the game to run, can I lock those? I want to be the sole way for someone to play the game and I do not want any way for it to run without prior authorization (from me)
---
#7Gig_NFBBPosted 5/7/2013 7:28:16 AM(edited)
Hmm, you sound like a parent who wants to help his child from addiction.
Bear in mind that some can be re-routed, like diverting ports.
There is no sure-fire way of doing so, unless you set up an admin account and make sure only you know the password.

EDIT: Some useless info removed.
---
The above post is either real or surreal.Have fun guessing.
#8jonlaw101Posted 5/7/2013 7:28:40 AM
Be a better parent.
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#9natchu96Posted 5/7/2013 7:36:05 AM
Gig_NFBB posted...
Hmm, you sound like a parent who wants to help his child from addiction.
Bear in mind that some can be re-routed, like diverting ports.
There is no sure-fire way of doing so, unless you set up an admin account and make sure only you know the password.

EDIT: Some useless info removed.

My parent did that to me once. That particular PC is still locked from me installing things to this day . . .

My own computer is a different story, though.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#10HoBoS(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 8:16:20 AM(edited)
jonlaw101 posted...
Be a better parent.

First off, I never said it was my child. It isn't.

Second off, being a good or bad parent can only go so far. If a kid wants to play something instead of doing school work, they are going to do it. I know I did, although I had the drive to want to get all my school work done beforehand. Thankfully, they are not very tech savvy, so a nice firewall blocking should do the trick.

Its so easy for someone to criticize through the internet; based on your overabundance of rudeness and lack of class, I bet you're wishing you had more supportive parents who cared enough about you to try and enforce rules like this. Maybe you can be a lousy parent to your kids too! Keep the cycle going!

(edited) P.S. Thanks to the people who were actually helpful and not rude. Jonlaw101 has shown he is a misbegotten child, and I am thankful that most of you are not like him
---