Consensus on Trundle after the rework?

#1dotsdfePosted 5/7/2013 9:29:56 AM
He seems pretty amazing so far, but that might just be my experience. I'm definitely loving it so far.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#2The Last CetraPosted 5/7/2013 9:47:26 AM
He was always strong just nobody played him for whatever reason. With the tweaks to his Q and his ult he is really strong. Incredibly tanky while still doing solid damage numbers. I almost want to say he's a better top laner than a jungler these days, though he is a very, very good jungle too.
---
Kakugo Ha Yoi Ka... Isshun Sengeki!
My Fists Bleed Death
#3ace248952Posted 5/7/2013 9:50:42 AM
His overall damage potential is a little higher than before, and because of this (and the current itemization), the base damage on his chomp ability should be lowered. Everything else, I like
---
LP, LP -> LK, HP
My anti-drug
#4chimpyoffenderPosted 5/7/2013 9:53:18 AM
Diamond 1 player here. Ive been playing trundle since his release day. He is still trash. If you are against competent opponents he gets shut down so easily. If you build him with damage items he is still too squishy and in any team fight he will die very fast. If you build him tanky you are basically a walking pillar button. Needs buffs. For now just play Sejuani because shes broken
#5TrevorkkhoPosted 5/7/2013 9:59:01 AM
chimpyoffender posted...
Diamond 1 player here. Ive been playing trundle since his release day. He is still trash. If you are against competent opponents he gets shut down so easily. If you build him with damage items he is still too squishy and in any team fight he will die very fast. If you build him tanky you are basically a walking pillar button. Needs buffs. For now just play Sejuani because shes broken

^so that.
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#6TomorrowDogPosted 5/7/2013 10:16:16 AM
If you build him with damage items he is still too squishy and in any team fight he will die very fast. If you build him tanky you are basically a walking pillar button.

Have you tried using his ultimate.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#7RafNastyPosted 5/7/2013 10:33:49 AM
Yeah I'll say it. I didn't play him because of his looks.
---
GamerTag: RazorRaf
I remember the good ol' video games days when extra content was unlocked and not paid for..
#8DartkunPosted 5/7/2013 11:03:49 AM(edited)
The Last Cetra posted...
He was always strong just nobody played him for whatever reason. With the tweaks to his Q and his ult he is really strong. Incredibly tanky while still doing solid damage numbers. I almost want to say he's a better top laner than a jungler these days, though he is a very, very good jungle too.

Some people and I agree with them say that lack of hard CC and mobility made him meh before. Sure you could plant your pillars in just the right locations and block off paths and use W to speed yourself up to catch people. Or you just play a character like Naut and CC the hell out of everything pretty easily. The risk-reward for Trundle wasn't there.
---
Gamer Logic - Anyone worse is a noob, anyone better is a tryhard /v/irgin
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#9Lord_WoobiePosted 5/7/2013 11:36:10 AM
If you time and place his Pillar right, he's one of the best gankers in the game. Sadly, that's not always possible if your would-be victim is warding and pays attention to the mini map.

You can still get some impressive damage off if you just build a BotRK, considering he gets free AD from his Q and AS from his W. You can build him tanky the rest of the way, and if you need more damage in the end, just get a Cleaver and watch him shred.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#10princemarth23Posted 5/7/2013 11:49:39 AM
He's a very very strong duelist, and overall I'd say he's quite strong. I've only done really well when playing him so far and have destroyed all my lane opponents except for Quinn who I only managed to kill a couple times.