why do people still buy hecarim and malphite and blitzcrank and amumu?

#21FvPPosted 5/8/2013 12:48:19 PM
I bought Malphite before he was instabanned (I wasn't even level 30 at the time)

Don't even plan on buying the others
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#22mutation10101Posted 5/8/2013 12:52:07 PM
PraetorianGhost posted...
I personally never ban amumu. Since I am a jungle main, amumu is such an easy target for early game junglers like Shaco or hardcore counterjunglers like udyr or nunu. Basically, you keep amumu under farmed and underleveled by taking everything in his jungle over and over again or simply killing him when he walks into it. An amumu isn't going to initiate like a boss and win the game if he is insta-gibbed whenever he dives in.

Something to note, no one ever wards their jungle in bronze or silver. Ever. Although eventually they may catch on 20 minutes in, and by that time the game is pretty much over.

I intentionally leave Amumu open, so that way I can 1st pick Elise, and absolutely crap all over him. I had one game I counter jungled him so hard, he got 0 buffs, and was about 5 levels behind everyone else.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#23ryanaPosted 5/8/2013 12:54:31 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
ryana posted...
Hec is really the only one of those that is banned at all levels. The others are pretty much just low ELO bans.

hec isn't banned very much in low(as far as I know)

I can't imagine blitzcrank suddenly not being a problem just because you're diamond though

He's not. High ELO players would much rather you have blitzcrank than thresh.
#24BurnumMasterPosted 5/8/2013 1:02:19 PM
whiteshadow_exe posted...
I actually just bought Blitz, Amumu and Malph yesterday.(I already had Shen) I bought em only in case I'm first pick, to have em on our team. BTW I'm bronze I and I just started playing ranked around a week ago, but evidently It's hard to lose with any of them on your team.

Oh man I want to spectate those games lol
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurnumMaster-1464/hero/2935592
#25B01tPosted 5/8/2013 1:07:15 PM
They're pretty much always banned in my recent games, BUT.
I had a game where we had both amumu and malphite. Top malph was 0/3 and our bottom was combined 0/3, but me and amumu carried hard. Wound up 19/5/11 as Fizz, we just crushed them in teamfights with amumu and malphite's ults
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#26thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 1:13:32 PM
FvP posted...
I bought Malphite before he was instabanned (I wasn't even level 30 at the time)

Don't even plan on buying the others

I know dat feel

BurnumMaster posted...
whiteshadow_exe posted...
I actually just bought Blitz, Amumu and Malph yesterday.(I already had Shen) I bought em only in case I'm first pick, to have em on our team. BTW I'm bronze I and I just started playing ranked around a week ago, but evidently It's hard to lose with any of them on your team.

Oh man I want to spectate those games lol

as do I, lolreplay plz

ryana posted...

being able to pull your allies is worse than being able to pull your enemies?
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#27mrmonstrPosted 5/8/2013 1:16:37 PM
Hec's never banned at my level (and I'm a pretty low level, not even in ranked but guess it's same as bronze)

Bans are always: Amumu, Shen, Malphite, Blitz

The other two slots are usually saved for what the first pick doesn't want to lane against but otherwise it's: Thresh/Darius/Popular LCS assassin (Right now it's Zed and Khazix mostly banned)
---
LoL (EU West): mrmonstr (25)
LoL (NA): mrmonstrNA (2)
#28thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 1:18:18 PM
mrmonstr posted...
Hec's never banned at my level (and I'm a pretty low level, not even in ranked but guess it's same as bronze)

Bans are always: Amumu, Shen, Malphite, Blitz

The other two slots are usually saved for what the first pick doesn't want to lane against but otherwise it's: Thresh/Darius/Popular LCS assassin (Right now it's Zed and Khazix mostly banned)

same here actually
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#29infinitexxPosted 5/8/2013 1:18:44 PM
They can only ban three champs, so some of those high ban-rate champs are always going to be free.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#30ryanaPosted 5/8/2013 1:27:54 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
ryana posted...

being able to pull your allies is worse than being able to pull your enemies?

Thresh can do both, as well as pull himself in and either knock them towards or away from the carry. He's also a huge tank with a good ranged harass.

Thresh has a 72% ban rate.
Blitz has a 20% ban rate.

You tell me who people are avoiding.