They need to group people with high pings together.

#1Super_Thug44Posted 5/8/2013 1:13:12 PM
Or at least balance it so if you have someone with a high ping then the other team does too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Currently watching: X-Files, Shameless, Futurama
#2GoldenFantasyPosted 5/8/2013 1:31:39 PM
How would the game tell if the player(s) have high ping before you enter? Or are you saying if there are multiple people with high ping, they should all be put on the same team?
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#3shadyelfPosted 5/8/2013 1:34:02 PM
or at least let us see ping in champ select, so I can choose to dodge.
---
?
#4bast999Posted 5/8/2013 1:34:53 PM
New method of trolling: turn on bittorrent during loading screen and make your ping go from 90 to 900.
---
This but unironically.
#5Game ShowPosted 5/8/2013 1:36:24 PM
GoldenFantasy posted...
How would the game tell if the player(s) have high ping before you enter? Or are you saying if there are multiple people with high ping, they should all be put on the same team?

Even if they somehow can't determine ping pre-match, they can at least compile ping stats during the match, then post-match compute average ping, and then do that for every match. Most people aren't going to be changing location/ISP so their ping should be consistent
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma
#6mrmonstrPosted 5/8/2013 1:36:26 PM
GoldenFantasy posted...

I'm not an expert on Networking but on Chinese LoL you are able to see the ping on each server before deciding which server to play on (China has many servers). Judging by this, Riot is and should be able to check a connected player's ping at any time...
---
LoL (EU West): mrmonstr (25)
LoL (NA): mrmonstrNA (2)
#7BhelliumPosted 5/8/2013 1:37:07 PM(edited)
bast999 posted...
New method of trolling: turn on bittorrent during loading screen and make your ping go from 90 to 900.

wtf are you torrenting
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
http://www.learner.org/interactives/dynamicearth/images/new_map.jpg
#8bast999Posted 5/8/2013 2:44:33 PM
Bhellium posted...
bast999 posted...

wtf are you torrenting

It goes at full speed to get it over with quickly, so all my games are like 900 ping during that. It finishes torrenting fast though.
---
This but unironically.
#9HagenExPosted 5/8/2013 3:00:57 PM
Bhellium posted...
bast999 posted...

wtf are you torrenting

Some clients, uTorrent for example, take your whole bandwith with only 20-25 seeders. Its insane.
#10jepaanPosted 5/8/2013 3:04:26 PM
I've yet to try having my ping affected by bittorrenting. I have, however, experience I/O-stalls when writing 50 MB/s...
---
-