How's Jungle Shen?

#11ThyCorndogPosted 5/10/2013 12:06:04 PM
CosmosYears posted...
nomore posted...
Raymond posted...
Don't jungle Shen? He's best at top split pushing and R when needed.

It doesn't matter how good he is top.
all that matters is how good he is at jungling.

Actually it does. He can ult anyone across the whole map and then teleport back top and keep the tower alive for ages. If you take him in the jungle you eliminate that unique thing about Shen. His jungle is slow and about all he can do is counter gank with his ult. Shen's counter gank is strong for sure but relying on a huge cooldown for just key teamfights isn't as good as some of the high pressure junglers you could be running.

but what if there already is a top champion and you need to jungle?
what if you decided to jungle Shen?
this topic's about how viable jungle Shen is, not where Shen is most viable
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion
#12CosmosYearsPosted 5/10/2013 12:09:41 PM
ThyCorndog posted...
CosmosYears posted...
nomore posted...
Raymond posted...

Actually it does. He can ult anyone across the whole map and then teleport back top and keep the tower alive for ages. If you take him in the jungle you eliminate that unique thing about Shen. His jungle is slow and about all he can do is counter gank with his ult. Shen's counter gank is strong for sure but relying on a huge cooldown for just key teamfights isn't as good as some of the high pressure junglers you could be running.

I just told you what you do as jungle Shen you wait for teamfights, press R and that's your gank. That's not a lot of tools to gank with compared to better and easier junglers.
#13EcchiBaka(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:37:49 PM
CosmosYears posted...
ThyCorndog posted...
CosmosYears posted...
nomore posted...
Raymond posted...

I just told you what you do as jungle Shen you wait for teamfights, press R and that's your gank. That's not a lot of tools to gank with compared to better and easier junglers.

You sound like you suck.

Anyway, yea this is just intended for Jungle Shen. Yes, I realize that maybe it isn't viable as other junglers and I didn't intend to make him a priority to play, I just wanted to test his support/utility as a jungler. He's banned in almost every ranked game but I still was curious.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://imgur.com/S7xE8s9
#14MetleonPosted 5/10/2013 2:43:15 PM
Clears: Kind of slow
Ganks: Good if you can hit a Taunt
Counter ganks: Amazing as usual

So yeah, he works just fine jungle. And as far as the 'just use top Shen' thing goes, jungle Shen does have one clear advantage over top Shen; when you ult to save someone, the enemy team doesn't get a chance to push right up and start dealing damage to your top tower.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#15liquid_cakePosted 5/10/2013 2:46:34 PM
I think he's viable. He's definitely not the best, but if your lanes pay attention and help you get close enough to taunt the ganks do work. I play Shen if we don't have a tank and sometimes top is already taken so jungle is decent. He's slow though, so if you can't get the ganks you will have to soak some lane xp. The few times I've done it I just used standard machete 5 start > boots (t2 is your choice really) > sunfire cape > t2 boots > then situational. If you don't have a tank go health and armor probably, and if you do then just go bruiser. Oh, and max Q first cause it's your main damage and sustain.