I am trying to learn to counter jungle and need some help.

#11negative4Posted 5/10/2013 5:07:13 PM
DiplomacySC posted...
MagiaIce posted...
Play Udyr, Lee, Voli, Shaco and Shyv. Just use their jungle instead of yours. Pretty much it. And those are the best counterjunglers unless I'm missing some.

Voli doesn't have the best clears, is easy to kill if your team helps, and is better off just ganking anyway.

Shyv is good at counterjungling, but bad at ganking and probably not a good pick in general currently.

Udyr, Lee, Shaco, Nunu, Mundo come to mind for me.

Don't forget Skarner. My beloved jungler is being forgotten. :(

Anyways, counter jungling is all about map awareness. You ward the obvious paths like buff bushes or Wraith ramps so you can keep tab on where their jungler is. Then whenever the enemy jungler exposes himself, you take take advantage of it. If you see him going bot, you take his top camps and viceversa at bot. There's definitely other situations that allow you to take advantage and sneak in but that just takes experience and timing like how fast your jungling can go from point A to B. You just gotta pay attention to move around safely and constantly take camps from the enemy.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#12DiplomacySCPosted 5/10/2013 5:09:45 PM
If you're in Bronze or Silver, you can probably get a smiteless blue and sit in their red bush and just smite steal it, then go to their blue at 7:15 and take it before they even arrive.
#13MagiaIcePosted 5/10/2013 5:14:19 PM
MagiaIce posted...
Play Udyr, Lee, Voli, Shaco and Shyv. Just use their jungle instead of yours. Pretty much it. And those are the best counterjunglers unless I'm missing some.

Voli doesn't have the best clears, is easy to kill if your team helps, and is better off just ganking anyway.

Shyv is good at counterjungling, but bad at ganking and probably not a good pick in general currently.

Shyv isn't a good pick? Wh-? I've been playing her a lot again recently and she's still pretty good. Sure, no hard CC, but that's why you take exhaust.
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the front door..."~Me
Nami is my waifu
#14Master_strikerPosted 5/10/2013 5:23:55 PM
MagiaIce posted...

Shyv isn't a good pick? Wh-? I've been playing her a lot again recently and she's still pretty good. Sure, no hard CC, but that's why you take exhaust.

i think what he means is, shyv is outclassed, not that she's not good, but some do the job much better, for exemple udyr can counter jungle AND gank with little to no problem

she's still a beast in a teamfight
#15Waluigi1Posted 5/10/2013 7:37:38 PM
What about Trundle? Isn't he supposed to be a good counter-jungler?
---
PSO is teh best!
#16Waluigi1Posted 5/10/2013 9:22:59 PM
Bump because Trundle.
---
PSO is teh best!
#17TruHNIC187Posted 5/10/2013 9:32:11 PM
ya jungler was my first role and i consider it my main .... it took awhile for me tho b comfortable with counterjungling, and i only got comfortable through experience. But you want to buy more wards, and place them at their buffs/jungle exits to know where they are and when as well as to know when their buffs are up. Then you just try to make their life as frustrating as possible by killing them/stealing their buffs in their jungle. Always watch the 2 closest lanes as you do this though, and get out if one of them come your way and you cant handle if that champ would engage on you with their jungler
#18iXCelticXiPosted 5/11/2013 2:41:30 AM
DiplomacySC posted...
Counterjungle? This is season 3, bro.

---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#19Alom_o_molaPosted 5/11/2013 3:03:54 AM
counterjungle only the buffs
---
Here Comes a New Challenger Blogs - http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/User:Golden_fireburst/HCaNC_Archives
Founder of Top Tier Heroes - Recruits: 6
#20MIG297Posted 5/11/2013 3:22:08 AM
DiplomacySC posted...
Counterjungle? This is season 3, bro.

Because denying the enemy their buffs gives no benefit?

It doesn't really matter who you use to counter jungle, just make sure that you never go in without wards or at least full vision of the other team.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif