tivanenk posted...
Chisuka posted...
AznJudge posted...
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23023953

51 wins 29 losses according to in-game profile

/blogfaqs / AMA. Feels good.

51 + 29 = 80 right?

Correct. Are you implying he's wrong?

Are you being contrary and argumentative just for the sake of being sassy on GameFAQs?

I don't see your point?
---
Quinn is mai waifu.
#22gkh5Posted 5/13/2013 9:34:55 PM
What's your Ahri build TC?
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#23AznJudge(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 6:19:59 PM
Apologies for the late replies! Here are my answers to all of the questions thus far:

How would you compare difficulty of a silver>gold climb to gold>platinum? (not necessarily difficulty of opponents, rather than difficulty of getting your team to follow you and win?)

Silver to Gold was a long time ago for me, but at the time there were a lot of people climbing and it wasn't so hard. Now, I'm not so sure. I know some of my pretty decent friend stuck in Silver I, and with the clamping it might even make it harder.

My advice would be to ping, ping, ping; reinforce with words if need be - if you know a lane is overextending, spam ping them if you have to. It's our major method of communication, and people DO notice that Danger sign if you put it in their face.

In Gold->Plat, it was a lot easier to get a team to coordinate and push and it was also easier to do coordinated baron plays (people knew we could do it with just a ADC with botrk and a tank, unlike Silvers who are afraid to make plays). That being said, we're also a lot better with wards (on a good game.)

: I see you like to play Nocture. So do I, but I noticed that even though I have really good laning/ganking phase, I get more and more useless as the game progresses. How is your opinion on that and what do you prefer to build (most paths I see are either Golem+Tanky items or BotRK+Wriggle)

A lot of people don't like building Wriggles but I always have. I've been told to do Madreds -> BotRK -> Tanky with boots somwhere inside - through s2 and S3, I've usually rushed Wriggles -> Boots -> BotRK with 21/9/0 (Yeah, I'm bad. 9/21/0 works too.) But I like the constant damage output, and BotRK is the true scaling item into late game. I do feel that Nocturne falls off into the late game, unfortunately. To that I say that 1, you can dive the AD carry and make yourself a threat. Enemies focusing you aren't focusing your ADC; expect a lot of deaths but try your best to take down their carry.
My S2 build was Wriggles -> Youmoos -> BT. God, that was a fun time - Youmoos has such insane sticking power, but as I climbed the ranked ladder, I found that they were better at focusing the Nocturne that was glass cannon. So, I say BotRK-> Tanky items works better for scaling unless you're in total snowball mode.

What's your Ahri build TC?

Start Crystalline+1+ward OR Crystalline + 3 OR Boots+3 OR Amp+1 (LOL, S2)
21/9/0
Magic pen reds, mana regen yellows, scaling AP blues, AP quints

R>Q>E>W unless they have a kat / constant all in melees in which case max W
E charm duration is too damn good

Q-E-W-Q levels.
Landing charm in lane is essential and you gotta know when to do it and how to do it. A well timed Charm can give you easy 1/3 hp harass if not more!

Hopefully I've helped you guys a bit. I prefer an all-in style with a lot of damage output, but tanky DPS is the meta after all.
---
Xbox Live GT:Pz PaulyD; League of Legends : DAS BOAR; Steam: EbilElrond / Elrondel SMITE: Elrond; Guild Wars 2 : Elrondel
#24gkh5Posted 5/14/2013 8:34:24 PM
What's a typical item progression on your Ahri look like? I should have been more specific, that's what I was mainly asking.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#25AznJudge(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:50:45 PM
gkh5 posted...
What's a typical item progression on your Ahri look like? I should have been more specific, that's what I was mainly asking.

Hmm.
Start Boots + 3 normally, or Amp+1

If boots start, rush 2 dorans -> deathcap -> situational (Abyssal, hourglass, or liandrys. Most likely abyssal then hourglass.)

If Amp start, rush Haunting Guise or Seeker's Armguard (I usually do amp start vs like say Talon for armguard rush).

If necessary, build Chalice instead of dorans. I usually never do this.
---
Xbox Live GT:Pz PaulyD; League of Legends : DAS BOAR; Steam: EbilElrond / Elrondel SMITE: Elrond; Guild Wars 2 : Elrondel
#26AK47plzPosted 5/14/2013 8:52:27 PM
a better start on ahri is 5 hp pots 4 mana pots and 2 wards
---
terran
#27AK47plzPosted 5/14/2013 8:53:55 PM
Also, max W second on ahri, not charm...
---
terran
#28OmfgitsBlahPosted 5/15/2013 12:43:49 AM
AznJudge posted...
Thanks man!
I never got clamped, so I haven't experienced that yet. I dread the day I do :/

Congrats on never getting clamped!

140 games from Gold V to Plat V for me, 110 of them spent in Gold I thanks to clamping and 4v5 promo series.
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#29AznJudge(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 6:28:10 AM(edited)
OmfgitsBlah posted...
AznJudge posted...
Thanks man!
I never got clamped, so I haven't experienced that yet. I dread the day I do :/

Congrats on never getting clamped!

140 games from Gold V to Plat V for me, 110 of them spent in Gold I thanks to clamping and 4v5 promo series.

I was 2-1 in my promo series, and lost my 4th game due to an AFKer even though we were 16 to 2. They had the most insane comeback poke comp with Jayce/Lux and it was the worst feeling; I took a few days off before trying my 5th promotion..

Ach, I'm sorry about that.. The most I spent in any division was G2 because I failed the promo a few times, I think.

I can max whatever I want on whoever I want - not to sound elitist, but you play one way and I play another way. The extended charm duration is very helpful for teammates - after all, you're playing to get your team fed, not yourself fed, in many cases.

Also, 5+4+2 is viable but that's just too much of a waste for me. I don't spam skills and I run mana regen yellows.
---