9/21/0 or 0/9/21 for Hecarim?

#1NicoGrimmPosted 5/14/2013 8:08:25 AM
I know he really wants that movespeed boost from the Utility tree, but is it worth losing all of those defensive masteries for it?

Also, AS or AD reds? I was thinking AD because of the short CD on Q, but I don't know.
---
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.
#2uped145Posted 5/14/2013 8:52:00 AM
30/0/0 for Hecarim
#3The Last CetraPosted 5/14/2013 8:57:10 AM
Armor pen reds, 0/9/21.
---
Kakugo Ha Yoi Ka... Isshun Sengeki!
My Fists Bleed Death
#4Sin___Posted 5/14/2013 9:01:29 AM
Armor pen reds, 0/9/21.

^

The more defense is nice but the utility is much more worth it for Hec. Also the armor pen reds >>>>>>>>>>>> AS. I used to use AS and I thought he was good, then I switched to armor pen and it makes his early game so much more monstrous.
---
Steam/LoL: F5in .:. http://youtube.com/SinOwns
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/dinkidooda/F5.png
#5profDEADPOOLPosted 5/14/2013 9:03:52 AM
Armor pen reds, 0/9/21.

This.
---
LoL IGNs: profDEADPOOL(main) and KingPineco(ARAM account)
Comics Pull List(Singles, trades in quote)-Hawkguy, YA, XML, GA, Larfleeze, Gambit, and C&XF.
#6nateweiPosted 5/14/2013 9:22:11 AM
9/21/0

I never agreed with utility hecarim. You need to be able to kill things and stay in the fight for an extended amount of time. Utility lets you zip around faster but you can be focused and killed easier.

There's also the slow resist and tenacity masteries that are very important for chases/teamfights.
#7The Last CetraPosted 5/14/2013 9:31:36 AM
natewei posted...
9/21/0

I never agreed with utility hecarim. You need to be able to kill things and stay in the fight for an extended amount of time. Utility lets you zip around faster but you can be focused and killed easier.

There's also the slow resist and tenacity masteries that are very important for chases/teamfights.

Build mercs for tenacity. His kit + the move speed bonus from the utility tree already makes him one of the most mobile champs in the game. Also, his passive gives him damage based on a percentage of his bonus move speed so going into the utility tree gives him damage in addition to all the utility perks. There's no need to go 9 points into offense.
---
My Fists Bleed Death
#8TomorrowDogPosted 5/14/2013 9:34:38 AM
Utility is the best option across all phases of the match.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9MizunoRyuuPosted 5/14/2013 9:34:50 AM
Movespeed is overrated on Hec. His AD doesn't scale THAT much with it.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#10The Last CetraPosted 5/14/2013 9:37:59 AM
Great thing about Hec is he doesn't need a lot of AD. He needs movement speed so he can keep people inside his W and Q range. Hecarim is about initiating, soaking damage and disrupting, not DPS. The fact that he gets AD from movespeed is icing on the cake.
---
My Fists Bleed Death