I don't jungle currently. Does this mean I shouldn't play ranked?

#1Silver Shadow XPosted 5/14/2013 3:52:08 PM
I won't go into detail about the 2 insanely hostile games I had last night immediately before and after finishing my placement matches. I just want to know if jungling is mandatory. I figured 4/5 roles, including support, would have been sufficient.
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#2g-cube_mastaPosted 5/14/2013 3:52:39 PM
you should be able to play all 5 roles at a basic level.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#3DartkunPosted 5/14/2013 3:52:44 PM
You should but plenty of people don't do it and are successful.
---
GameFAQs where mods are allowed to troll
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#4aHappySackaPosted 5/14/2013 3:53:04 PM
You just need to play at least 3 or 4 roles.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#5ryanaPosted 5/14/2013 3:58:41 PM
Its not mandatory, but recommended.

How many games of normals have you played?
#6Silver Shadow X(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 4:09:49 PM
So I can effectively go with just 4. Alright then. One guy pretty much told me I'm not ranked so I shouldn't be in his game (so basically, don't do placements..). Last placement had me in a game of all Silvers. I was told to go back to normals and/or kill myself.

The next game was remarkably similar, only the anger was directed at the jungler instead of me. I've never seen people rage so much in this game, which is saying a lot. Pre game I got a fair bit of hate when I said I couldn't jungle and would require some other role to avoid a duo top/mid.

Placed Bronze 1 btw. Hoping to get some practice in and climb to a point where more level headed people might be...

ryana posted...

~400 I think, around half being wins. I may buy Hecarim this week, so that I'll have Hec, Vi, Elise, and Diana to maybe practice jungling with, but I really don't like the role at all. I feel like it's the role where you're most likely to get your soul obliterated for the crime of not being God.
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#7ryanaPosted 5/14/2013 4:26:33 PM
Silver Shadow X posted...
So I can effectively go with just 4. Alright then. One guy pretty much told me I'm not ranked so I shouldn't be in his game (so basically, don't do placements..). Last placement had me in a game of all Silvers. I was told to go back to normals and/or kill myself.

The next game was remarkably similar, only the anger was directed at the jungler instead of me. I've never seen people rage so much in this game, which is saying a lot. Pre game I got a fair bit of hate when I said I couldn't jungle and would require some other role to avoid a duo top/mid.

Placed Bronze 1 btw. Hoping to get some practice in and climb to a point where more level headed people might be...

ryana posted...

~400 I think, around half being wins. I may buy Hecarim this week, so that I'll have Hec, Vi, Elise, and Diana to maybe practice jungling with, but I really don't like the role at all. I feel like it's the role where you're most likely to get your soul obliterated for the crime of not being God.

Haha yeah there's a lot of truth to that. Sounds like you may do alright though. Good luck!
#8TruHNIC187Posted 5/14/2013 4:29:59 PM
at least get good with one or two champs in the jungle i would prefer. Read a couple jungle guides, so you know that you are proficient. Then, if someone flames you for "OMG N00b Junglz" ... and they will .... you will know they don't know what they are talking about, while you do
#9infinitexxPosted 5/14/2013 4:30:19 PM
Even if you don't intend to play it it in ranked, you should still know how to jungle with some middling competence.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#10Lord_WoobiePosted 5/14/2013 4:47:30 PM
It's worth it to learn to jungle, as it probably has the most effect on the game overall. Just play utterly OP junglers like J4, Vi, Xin, and Hecarim and you'll do fine after you get enough practice in.

It's worth it to practice jungling in bot matches so you can learn basic routes, respawn timers, and positioning for ganking. Some bots are better than some players when reacting to ganks, but have worse logic when it comes to dealing with them.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!